Chapter 7

Three weeks later...

That feeling when you feel like your finally out of some sort of prison, Hyejin like felt that now since she can stop using crutches. Her leg was better, and so was her head, although there's still a small bandage for the stitch.

Hyejin walked to the mall, ready to do some shopping to celebrate her freedom from the crutches herself. She was still slightly limping, but not badly enough to stop her. She walked into a clothing shop, and looked around. There was a party being hosted by one of the students in her English class, and she figured she should buy a nice outfit.

Walking across the racks, she noticed a black net dress, and thought it would be perfect for the party. After making her purchase, she had lunch and went straight home. She took out the dress and hung it, waiting for the day to wear it.

-+-

Coming out of the shower, Hyejin dried and brushed her hair

Coming out of the shower, Hyejin dried and brushed her hair. After setting it, she took out the black dress and put it on. She bought it two weeks ago and was excited to finally wear it.

After doing her makeup, she headed out with a coat to cover herself. She took a taxi to the party since it was at a club in town that the student had
reserved. It was her first time to such a party, and she felt nervous but giddy at the same time. She reached the club, and greeted the few friends she had, who helped her hang her coat and sat her with them. The chatting and gossiping started as the girls drank. One of the girls nudged her.

"Hey, you know him right? Can you maybe introduce me to him?" Hyejin looked at who she was pointing to and saw Yunu walking in, wearing a blazer and red shirt. She stared at him for a while blankly, then looked at the girl.

"I'm not close, but, I mean, why not." the two headed towrds him, and Hyejin tapped his shoulder. Yunu turned to look at the girls, suddenly changing his expression.

"What the hell are you wearing!?! That's so inappropriate! Does Heesun know!?! Where's your coa... Agh!" she stopped him by kicking his leg, then pulled the girl forward.

"This is Sunhee, she's a friend and wanted to meet you."

"Hi! You can call me Sunny. Wanna have a drink?" Sunhee asked in a flirting way.

"Uh..." Hyejin left before hearing his answer, and saw Sunhee pull Yunu to the bar. She simply shook her head trying to act natural, but inside, she kept feeling weird about Yunu and the girl together.

Hyejin walked around the party, and sat at the bar drinking. A man suddenly appeared next to her, and, at first she smiled thinking it was collegue, but her smile faded as she saw it was an older person.

"Alone? Let me treat you." Hyejin ignored his request and turned away. However, she started feeling something on her arm, and saw the man trace his finger on her net dress, touching her skin. She flinched her arm away from the man, and went to the toilet.

Hyejin washed her hands, feeling a little bit tipsy because of the drinking. She decided to call it a day and head home, but her plan was already not going well.

As she turned away from the mirror to the door, the man stood blocking her entrance, and people can tell by his eyes how drunk he must have been.

Hyejin stood there, not knowing what to do. She took a step back, but the man stomped forward and grabbed her arm. She let out a scream, struggling her arm out of his grip, but to no avail. The man pushed her, ripping the black dress, revealing her body. It was see through anyways, but Hyejin felt like she was stripped out her clothes, now only half of the dress hanging on one side of her body.

The man laughed and walked closer to Hyejin, who was now crawlimg backwards on the floor. Her back hit the wall, and she thought she was done for.

"No... No... NOO!!!" she screamed and closed her eyes when the man charged forward, but she suddenly heard a loud crash, and felt a heavy cloth fall on her, followed by constant shouts and other noises.

"YOU A******!!!GET... AWAY... FROM... HER!" Hyejin had covered her eyes with her hands, and kept hearing punches or other hitting noises between the shouted words. She heard a final crash, and took courage to look up slightly when someone approached her. Hyejin never thought she would have ever felt happy to see this person in her life.

"Hyejin... Hyejin... Come to your senses... Are you OK?" Yunu grabbed her shoulders shaking her, and she finally looked up, and dived into his chest. She grabbed his sides, and cried out. She released her tears, holding the boy tight, who soon encircled his arm around her back, while using the other one to pat her head.

"Yu...nu...I...I..."

"Shh... It's OK.... It's OK. I'm here, you're safe now."

He picked up his blazer he had thrown on her earlier to cover her body, and pulled it over her. He held her and helped her stand, and Hyejin just buried her face in his chest, clutching on to his shirt tightly.

Yunu held her close and walked her out. People were still looking at them from earlier, and whispered among themselves as they saw Hyejin who was still crying. She didn't dare to look up, and Yunu used his free hand to cover her face, pushing it closer to him.

They slowly walked through the crowd and went out of the club. Hyejin peeked out and saw that they were going towards a bus stop. Yunu's arm was around her shoulder, while the other held her front. She slowly moved the blazer to cover her body more, and Yunu noticed.

"I didn't bring my bike since I would drink. We'll take the bus home." they got on and Yunu sat her down slowly. As soon as she sat, she moved her head away from his body, and leaned against the window. Yunu sat after swiping the card, and looked around, when he started to hears thuds. He turned to see Hyejin banging her head on the window, talking to herself.

"Trash... trash... what... are... you... doing... with... your... life... just... die... stupid... useless..." she hit her head between words, and continued to talk. Yunu was startled by her actions, and when he heard her speak, he took action.

He put his hand in between her head and the window, and pushed it towards him, on his chest. He used his other arm to pat her back and comb her hair. He could feel warm tears fall on his collar and shirt.

"Stop it... Stop hurting yourself... It only hurts more when you do this... Shh..." Hyejin continued crying, and grabbed his shirt while hugging his side. She kept burying her face into his chest, and finally spoke.

"I'm...a...nothing...but...belong...to...trash...can..."

"Shush... Why would you say that? Shut up. Your more than that. Your a great person. Remember, you love your siblings, and your mother. You want her to be happy, don't you? Stop saying these things." Yunu kept patting her head while hugging her sideways, holding her shoulders. He then hugged her tight with both hands, and pulled her closer. Hyejin snuggled her head into his embrace, now leaning her head back on his shoulder.

"I... founded... in... trash... so... ap... beoji..."

"Shh... It's OK. Don't talk. Just rest." he put his finger on her lips to shush her, and Hyejin just pulled herself closer to him, her hand now holding him by the neck. They soon reached their neighbourhood and were walking home, Yunu still supporting her to walk. After some time, they reached their destination, almost...

-+-