Chapter 3: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

School on Friday was weird, Billy was actually paying attention to me and everyone including myself was very confused. It seemed to attract others too, the 'popular' girls said hello as they walked by my locker although they could have just been talking to Billy.

"Hey Babygirl," he leaned against the locker behind me, which was Johnathan's. I looked around, why was he talking to me?

"Me?" I pointed to myself, "might want to keep your voice down someone might actually think you're paying me to be your fake girlfriend," I couldn't help but smile, getting attention feels nice. He licked his bottom lip and laughed.

"Look, about tonight-"

"You can't be my shopping buddy because you're going to the drive-in with Nicole, yeah I heard in the locker room," I was fine, I'm sure I can handle myself.

"Yeah, well what can I say? Ladies can't seem to stay away from me," he bragged.

"You better stay away from me then," that came out a bit snarkier than I intended. I tilted my head to the left and Nicole and her posse were on the other side of the corridor looking and probably whispering about us. That didn't stop Billy from coming close to me, I could feel his breath on my cheek.

"No one owns me, Princess" he looked down at my lips and grinned like a shark. He then touched my hip, I frowned, "I can do anything I want with anybody and that sorry girl over there still wants to get down and dirty with me tonight,"

I glanced over to Nicole and she rolled her eyes and turned around, "Years of feminism for nothing," I muttered. I removed Billy's hand that was near my butt and stepped back.

"You've made your point Macho Man, see you Monday," I walked to the car but it was nowhere to be seen, Johnathan took the car! That asshole! How am I going to get home? I hate when he drives to school he never waits for anyone. Will rolled up next to me on his bike and chimed the bell. My arm instinctively around his shoulders.

"He left," Will stated. He's a shy kid but he sure is a sarcastic little turd like John and I are.

"Yep," I sighed and began walking, Will was kind enough to slow down and bike next to me instead of riding with his friends. I feel like I'm closer to my little brother than I am to my twin sometimes. We made it out of school grounds before a car pulled up.

"Hey, Deb! Need a ride?" Steve Harrington? I froze, Will kept looking back and forth and grinned at how awkward I was, "Deb?" Will nudged me. I cleared my throat and snapped out of my weird trance.

"Yeah sorry! I'll just check with Will," I smiled and looked to Will to ask if he'll be alright and the little turd just smiled smugly and nodded. I pushed him away and hopped in the car.

"You have 20 minutes to get home, no side streets please!" I yelled out after Will who was already speeding away with his friends, "thank you so much, Johnathan took the car,"

"Why? You guys have 2 cars right?" conversation always flowed easily between us, I was just shocked because we haven't really spoken since the break-up.

"Yeah, that's why I'm pissed. He's probably off galavanting and sleuthing with Nancy rather than making sure his siblings get home safe," I made myself comfortable, just like old times one foot was under me and the other was up on the dashboard.

"Yeah...are they like, you know- together now?"

"I don't know, I don't think so. They've always been friends Steve," I told him gently. He nodded and leaned back in his seat.

"Yeah they just seem a little affectionate around school that's all..speaking of that actually, you seemed pretty friendly with Hargrove today. It was the talk of the town!" he imitated a 1940's radio host.