Chapter 5: Oh Honeypie

I was weird at school. I was out of it for most of the day because I was thinking pretty hard about how I felt for Billy. I keep spending time with him and I keep liking more and more of what I see. But I don't want to like him. He's Billy, he's bad news.

"You alright? You look pissed off?" Billy was my partner in biology today. I felt shaky and like I was holding my breath the entire time because my breathing was shallow and heavy.

"No. Of course. I'm fine I'm excited,"

"That wasn't very convincing," maybe because I'm more focused on you.

"I'm a little nervous to be honest,"

"Why? It's just Steve. You've already kissed," his tone changed, that as weird. He was drinking from a water bottle. Let's see if I can make him squeeze it really hard.

"I'll probably do it with him soon. I really need the release," Billy choked and coughed heaps, I giggled.

"You've hardly been seeing him! Why would you-oh, actually nevermind," he went back to work. I panicked.

"What?" I asked, a little aggressively.

"Nothing. I just don't want to hear about it," he leaned back in his seat, cocky and relaxed. Shit.

"Since when don't you want to hear about my sex life,"

"Since it doesn't exist and I'm really the only person that you make out with," Billy winked. Shit, him knowing my little crush on him right now is not good for me.

"Who says that's why I need the release? You don't know what I've done with Steve," I tried being someone I'm not; a confident and promiscuous woman. Billy rolled his eyes and smiled. When the bell rang he immediately got up.

"I'll see you at the rink, babygirl," he winked then placed the cigarette that was behind his ear. I frowned, he can't come on my date! I'll spend the entire time looking over at him making sure he doesn't intervene.

*

I wanted to look good tonight so I asked my brothers and mom to help me decide an outfit.

"Too tight," mom shook her head.

"Way too tight," John look disgusted.

"Okay what about this?" I asked after changing again. They all tilted their heads and hummed, "I'll take that as a no,"

"Honey, it's Steve. I'm sure he'll be perfectly satisfied with you in jeans and a nice blouse," Mom told me.

"Wait. Steve? Harrington?" Shit did I not tell Johnathan?

"Uhhhh. Yeah, ahem" I coughed and looked down.

"Nance is gonna be kind of uncomfortable with that, Deb,"

"Why? She hasn't liked Steve for a very long time. Also, she's your girlfriend she's hardly my friend," when I said that, Will put on a knowing smile. Referencing our conversation the other day.

"Girlfriend?!" Mom squealed and squeezed Johnny's arm. He rolled his eyes then shot daggers at me, "I didn't know you had a girlfriend!" Mom squealed everytime she said 'girlfriend'.

"She's not-I don't know. Shut up Debbie!" John was embarrassed and stormed to his room. The rest of us giggled.

*

"You look beautiful as always Deb," Steve held his car door open for me.

"You're such a gentleman..a liar, but a gentleman" I was wearing what Mom told me to wear, but I made sure my blouse was a little flirty.