Chapter 9: Can I get Uhhh

"How do I feel about Billy?" I was surprised by the question. Steve nodded. How do I feel about Hargrove? After tonight I kinda felt betrayed by him but I felt stupid for think he'd ever want me in the first place. "To be honest..I kind of hate him," I stopped a tear from falling out, "I think he's rude, obnoxious, ignorant and a total asshole. Why do you ask?"

"Just making sure," Steve grinned. Steve made sure to stay quiet for the rest of the night, as I started to sober up I began to feel more tired. My head rested on Steve's shoulder and I found that out legs were intertwined. Steve trailed his fingers along my thigh, my dress was rising as my leg went higher up his hips. I played with his shirt buttons. I noticed that my breathing as becoming heavier, what was I about to do?

"Steve?" I spoke innocently.

"Yeah?" He whispered back, looking down at me.

"Take me to your room," that was all the incentive he needed to grab my hips and place me on top of him. We kissed each other deeply and passionately. His tongue ran over my lips begging for me to let him in and of course I did. I smiled into the kiss when I felt his hands push my core against him. We separated for a moment.

"Are you sure you want this?" Steve's eyes held such care for me. I kissed him softly and nodded. Reaching down to grab his member through his pants.

"Take me upstairs," I requested.

*

The next morning I awoke in Steve's arms. I didn't regret the night before but I felt bad if Steve held genuine feelings for me because after the whole bathroom incident..I can't trust him. I enjoyed the intimacy of cuddling half naked with the sun shimmering through the blinds. I was at peace looking at Steve sleeping, snoring slightly with his mouth open. I chuckled a little and got up, remembering that I should be home. I changed silently but still woke him up.

"Hey," his raspy voice startled me.

"Hey," I whispered back, "I need to be home. Is it okay if you drive me to Hargrove's so I can pick up my car?"

"Sure just let me shower first to wake up?"

"Of course," I smiled politely and waited for him. It was 6am so no one should be awake.

"Let's go," Steve came downstairs smelling incredible and clean. As if last night hadn't even bothered him. 
I thought things between us were casual and cool until he dropped me at Billy's. I needed to go inside to grab my keys and as I said goodbye to Steve he gave me a sweet kiss. No lust, no jealousy, just a kind caring peck.

I didn't bother knocking on the Hargrove door because it was cracked open. People were sleeping on the couch and floor, no doubt someone was asleep on the toilet. I went to Billy's room to grab my keys, hopefully no one was in there. But the door was locked. I sighed and mustered up the courage to knock softly on his door. Billy wasn't the one who answered...Betty was. I felt a lump in my throat, she was too tired to open her eyes fully. She even groaned a response. I tried to hide my face.

"I just need my bag," I grabbed it from Billy's dresser and ran out straight away.
My eyes couldn't hold in my tears, I felt so...so... I don't even know how I feel right now. I feel stupid and idiotic. Of course he doesn't care about me. He's paying me. Just a business transaction. That's all. He agreed, I agreed. I can't be upset about this. I slept with Steve so we're good. I cleared my throat and started my engine. I arrived home safely, no one was awake so I started a shower and cried my eyes out in there.

*

I was dreading school on Monday.
Billy kept his distance. Maybe he felt guilty about fucking Betty? Maybe he just doesn't even want me as a friend anymore. Usually he was loud and disruptive in class but today he was stone cold quiet. As far as I know he was blowing off his friends, just because he wasn't hanging around his car but they all were.