Chapter 6: Rumour Has It

Being seen with boys like Billy and Steve around school sort of ruined my reputation of not having one. Now some people around school think I'm sleeping with both and other guys are hitting on me. It makes me feel powerful and uncomfortable at the same time.

"Hey Deb," George Hope greeted as I was getting my stuff out of my locker. He wasn't necessarily one of the more popular boys but he sure was cute. Perhaps this is a good thing, Boys paying more attention to me so I'm not tempted by Billy. I know he'll just hurt me.

"Hi George, how are you?" I shut my locker.

"I'm good, and you?" We began walking out of the school.

"I'm grea-he left without me again that son of a bitch," Johnathan has no memory I exist does he? At least Will has a ride home, "sorry,"

"That's alright, do you need a ride? I'm pretty sure it's about to rain," his golden hair was almost as shiny and as healthy as Steve's...almost. he was right though, I could smell the moisture in the air and the overcast was pretty heavy. Although I'm sure it won't rain for a good 20 minutes.

"Hey babygirl," a familiar voice rang in my ear and arm snaked around my waist. I gasped and jumped.

"Billy. Hey," I grinned then realised I was smiling for too long, "can I help you?" I tucked some strands behind my ear. I took a step back and got out of his grip, George was still next to me.

"Just checking up on you, want to come over to mine for a little fun?" His eyebrows wiggled. I smirked and realised he was trying to get rid of George, "sorry dude, Billy," he went to shake George's hand.

"George," he nodded and agreed to shake. I smiled at how nice he was being. Maybe he's just a nice guy and not interested in me.

"George was just taking me home, Johnathan left again," I gripped George's bicep lightly to make him know that I was on his side. Billy's facial expression dropped. Then he faked a smile.

"Oh that rascal. Can I talk to you for a second? Thanks" Billy dragged me away to the side before I had any time to answer.

"What are you doing?"

"Him? Really?" His hands were on his hips and he was frowning. I just shrugged and looked back, "he's cute and he won't fuck anyone in the toilets,"

"But what if he expects that from you?"

"Expects what?" I stepped back and into a passing student.

"Watch it! Oh sorry Debbie," the boy apologized and checked me out while he was walking backwards. I frowned at his apology.

"Please don't tell me there's a rumour going around that I was the girl in the bathroom," I wanted to cry. Billy sighed.

"Yeah. There is, I don't know who spread it. Betty probably," billy scratched his eyebrow, his tight shirt had lifted a bit so I got a small view of his snail trail.

"I'm going to kill myself," I muttered jokingly, I looked back at the innocent looking George. Surely he doesn't think I'll do it with him today? I didn't want to risk it but I also don't want to be stuck having this schoolgirl crush on Billy, while he thinks I'm a friend.

"Do you really think he expects me to sleep with him?" We both stared at him, Billy crossed his arms on his chest.

"I don't know but if you go with him and gets...expectant, I won't be there to protect you," I gulped at his statement, no guy at school would really get violent with a girl would they? I really didn't want to risk it now so I stormed up to George.

"Hey buddy,"

"Hey,"

"Have you heard a little rumour going around school?" I folded my arms across my chest and leaned in. Billy was right behind me, I could feel his chest against my back.