Chapter 1: New Neighborhood

I set aside my bag, I still have few of my boxes that are left unpacked, although I still expect the moving Van to deliver what's left as my furniture in my previous apartment.

Seeing as I'd be doing nothing, I decided to go to my defense class before the nosy neighbours start trooping in on me to "welcome" me into the neighborhood, I thought about chuck and I decide it's best not to call him for now. Ending things with him had been easier than I had expected, Chuck and I were never an item,Our relationship couldn't be defined, He was allowed to see other gals and, While I'm allowed to do the same I chose to sleep with him alone. I don't want a relationship and I'm never the type to believe in love,Although I had known my parents to be in love even when I was young but I realise love brings pain,makes you weak and tears you apart. Chuck on the other hand is becoming attach and starting to see what we had as more than sex, I had to End it.
I called my training instructor and told him to schedule my class before noon,I checked around my apartment and I realized I have a lot of shopping to do, I made my way into my kitchen and I found a cereal I opened it and I made myself a bowl.
After the cereal I rinsed my bowl and started making a list of groceries I'd be needing. I stood up from the kitchen counter and dragged myself to my bedroom upstairs, Deciding to do some groceries shopping I changed into a light blue pant, a sweatshirt and a pair of brown leather sandal. I brushed my hair and styled it into a messy bun after contemplating on makeup, I decided not to wear one, "Who wears a makeup to do groceries shopping?" Definitely not me.

Walking to the closet store in the neighborhood would make me familiar with the neighborhood so I decided on walking, after about twenty minutes walk I got to the store.
I'm not a vegetarian, I love meats but you wouldn't know cause I weigh 130 pounds even at 22 and I have moderate curves at the right places.
I was shopping for meat when a certain something caught my attention, I contemplated on picking it up and I heard a voice right behind me.

"They are good for fried Rice" He said

"Excuse me?" Who the hell is this stranger...well sex god stranger, He looks gorgeous.

"The green peas you holding, they are good for fried rice" He said smirking at the same time.

"Oh okay, I have no idea it's good for fried rice and besides I don't know what a fried rice is"

"It's an African dish made from Rice"

"Oh okay" I said awkwardly

"It's Kennedy..Kennedy Ramsey but friends call me Ken" He extends his hand for me

"I'm Rose...Rose Audrey" I took his hand

" So Rose I don't see you here often are you new in the neighborhood cause I am frequent with this store" He asked while watching me intently as if he were trying to figure the truth from my countenance.

"Yeah I just moved in" I replied
I studied his features,he is 6ft 0.13inch, Amethyst blue eye colour,And I noticed his strabismus and broad shoulder. He has a red hair colour in a messy style. From his looks he shouldn't be more than 25.

"Wow, that's good, I've been in this neighborhood for fifteen years, Well if you don't mind, I'd love to show you around and take you out sometimes" he said smiling right down at me,Yeah! He is tall,way taller than I am

"Yeah, sure thing" Those words flew right out of my mouth before I Even gave it a thought.

"Good, here's my card and let me have your contact"

I gave him my contact no and He helped me with the rest of my grocery shopping, yeah I suck at that. He paid for my things even though I had insisted on paying myself,He walked me out and we said our goodbyes.

The rest of the day went by with me unpacking my stuffs and thinking about Ken at the same time,that I forgot my training appointment with peter my Defense instructor.

Yaaay so guys How was it? Ambience is my first book and I need you guys to read,recommend and hit the vote button.
Thank you guys

Love Jumaheeh