Chapter 8: A billionaire nerve!

Rose POV

"One two three..yeah common!"

"Well you're doing pretty great..now harder"

"This is the third time you're beating me...you're not getting any chance again" I said catching my breath

"No you're wrong..I will keep on beating you" He said with a smirk.

"Oh Dude..Don't think great of yourself, Imma beat your flat ass" I said hoping that I'd hitten a nerve. Well I hope I had, I need him distracted.

"You wanna know why I keep kicking your ass Rosie" He asked with an evil grin, God he knows how much I hated to be called that name.

"Well you get to tell me...Only when I've beaten you up inside out" I landed a blow on his jaw and he stumbled before he caught his balance...."watch your tongue man! Now whose ass is being kicked?"

"Show me what you got...unleash that animal in you...yeah yeah that's my girl"

"Ever considered retiring pete?" I asked dodging his blow aimed at my abdomen

"Not in my wildest dream... Common, I'm only 30"

"I grinned...30 and single Pete, when was the last time you got laid..oh fuck" He punched me really hard and a cut appeared on my lips, I winced.

"No, you watch your tongue gal..none of your business"

"Just answer the damn question" I dodged another kick.

"OK fine...I can't remember"

I grinned hard and kicked him hard on his left ear

"Wow...can't remember? that spells grandpa to me"

"My sexlife ain't your problem Rosiee"

He spunned me around and kicked me so hard that I Fell flat on my tummy. I literally lost consciousness.

"That's the fourth time.. Rose, the fourth"
He offered me a hand "Up...Now!"
He studied me for sometimes and gave me a questioning look, that's the thing with Pete, He is the only person that knows me even more than I know myself.

"You know why you can never beat me even though you try so hard?"
I shook my head as a No.

"Well because you concentrate more on your own strength that you fail to see the opponent's weakness and use it for your advantage"

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"Rose...something going on with you?"

"No Pete...I'm good"

"Not... This is the eighth time you'd be here in two weeks, don't you have a project going on"

"Well...what's wrong with that, can't I come to the gym again"

He laughed and gave me a suspicious look

"I know you Rose...with the way you fought back there, you are angry and furious, angry at your self, you can't seem to get it out of your system, hence you keep losing the fights"

He took a step closer and studied me carefully...."Having those nightmares again?"

"No...it's not that, it's not about the nightmare" no matter how hard I try and conceal my emotions around people, I can't do it with Pete, He knows me..knows everything about my past.

"So what is it?"

"I agreed to something I'm not sure I want to do"

"Please don't tell me you're now into drugs and prostitution" Pete and stupid sarcasms