chapter 3: Experiencing something New

KEN's POV

It's been a week since I ran into Rose, I felt drawn to her the first time I saw her in the Grocery store but she seems like a distant person..Like she's hiding a part of herself and doesn't want people to know or maybe  it's just that she doesn't do well with strangers.

When I saw her running, I thought it was some thief trying yo make an escape but as I walked closer, I saw it was really her and I couldn't help but to noticed the way she was running like she was trying to lift an heavy weight off her chest. I decided to follow her when she stopped running but was caught off guard when she kicked me around my Manhood, I was stunned by her karate skills.
I don't know what came over me that I had to invite her over for coffee in my house, I hardly let people in not to talk of some strange girl, I even walked her back to her apartment.

A knock jerked me out of my thinking

"Yeah come on in"

My secretary came in and try to comport herself back after seeing me. I smirked I have that kind of effect over every woman, I'm young, handsome and rich..women find me attractive. I decided to intimidate her a bit.

"And what is so important you want to discuss that you decided not to use the intercom but come straight to my office?"

"Uh uh..um sir I um decided not to use the intercom because I have a file to deliver" I checked her hand and saw a file

"So what is it?" I asked with my eyes fixed on my phone

"One Mr Grayson Derek from Grayson group is here for you,he's waiting at the reception and the HR manager said you request for this file"

"Tell Mr Grayson to come in and drop the file" I told her.

Derek Grayson used to be New York second most eligible bachelor, until he was forced into an arranged marriage. We are just business acquaintances and Ex College mates in Harvard,We've done businesses together in the past even when my father was alive but I hate his gut, He's an envious son of a bitch...He tried to want everything I have talk of houses, cars, women, reputation. He sees me as a competition and he's always wanted to be like me.

When I became the CEO of Ramsey's Group, he was still part of the board of directors of his father's company and he convinced his father in so many ways to make him the CEO, he even went ahead and arranged a fake marriage just to convince his father, well his plan backfires and he's stucked with a woman who he doesn't want in a loveless marriage.
My office door opens and he barged him surveying my office he smirked and raise an eyebrow... Son of a bitch!

"And who gave you the permission to barge into my office?" I asked impatiently trying not to get angry

"And a good afternoon to you too ken" he sat on the sofa at the far end of my office, He took off his jacket and and made his way to my mini cellar. He knows my kind of drink,cause we've ran into each other in the club a couple of times....He took the half empty bourbon bottle and he poured himself a glass. I watched his every move as my hands clenched into a fist, I saw him smirked and I knew he was only trying to make me get mad, I calmed myself and I thought to myself, two can play the game.
I stood up from my work seat and strode towards the sofa, I sat opposite to him and he poured me a glass.

"What brings you here Grayson" I asked glaring at him. He didn't respond, he just chuckled and continue with his drink

"How can I help you Grayson" I asked growing impatient

"No that's not the question...the question is  What is it I can do for you"?

"Excuse me?...Are you high or something? I don't understand what you talking about"?

"Oh Ramsey you do actually..you do understand what I am talking about" he smirked again getting on my last nerve

"Look Grayson" I growled "clearly you've come to display your shenanigans but as you can see I'm busy and I have a lot to do, if you'd excuse me, I need you out of my office"

"You wouldn't do that would you"? He said bravely

" Oh Grayson don't think too much of yourself..And why wouldn't  I? "

"Cause I know where Amanda is" he smirked again.

And what he said hit, hit me so hard that I almost collapse on the sofa but I comport myself and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"You son of a bitch..you tell me where she is now,you tell me where you kept her or I swear to God I will have your balls removed and fees them to the dogs" he yanked my hands off his collar and straightened his shirt. I punched him hard on his nose and he fell on the ground.

"Get up motherfucker, you tell me where she is" he stood up and landed a blow on my jaw.

"I didn't fucking take her man..I said I know where she is,and I swear to God if you don't calm your ass I'm going to walk outta that door and you're never gonna see her, ever again"

I calmed my nerves and sat on the sofa, I loosened my tie and I rolled my sleeves up, I found some ice and I put it on my fist.

"I saw her at a rehabilitation centre in Connecticut, I was visiting a someone and I saw her there, she looks lost,although sober but unhealthy"

"And when was that?" I asked him

"Barely two weeks now, she made me promised not to tell you but I know how much you loved and care for her" He said with an hint of emotion on his face

"How is she?" I asked with concern

He shrugged "well she is sober but doesn't look like she's feeding well, she looks lonely and dishelved. Look man, it's not in my place to tell you but she's broke,she was  begging me for money until she realized it was actually me".

" Can you give me the address of the place, I have to go find her and bring her home" I said with a pleading eyes.

"Yeah, sure thing"

"And I'm sorry for acting like a dick earlier...I'm sorry man"

"No problem man..I got on your nerves which I actually enjoyed doing" He stood up and I gave him a nod.

"See you around ken"

"Yeah see you around Derek"

He left my office and I made a call to my private personal assistant

"Fuel the jet Johnson...We are going to Connecticut".

Don't forget to hit the vote button, voice your opinion about this book by commenting and  recommend.
Thank you guys
Jumai