Chapter 2

Alex's POV

I was sleeping when I heard noises coming from the lake. Surprising to me, there was a little girl pulling out the crown prince.

Wait!!!!!! Did she break into the barrier? How is that possible? And I didn't even notice.

Back to the topic, she is dragging the Crown Prince from the Kingdom of Astro. Ughh, the elders are so going to lecture me about letting her touch him.

Here's the backstory, the boy she is dragging out right now is the current Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Astro. < There are 4 Kingdoms in this world. The most mysterious, Astro, the calmest, Camile, the most dangerous, Tyran, and the strongest, Leven. We are currently in the land of Leven. > He was named a genius at the age of 4 and was a heaven-defying kind of handsome. When he turned 5, he contracted a disease that ruined his constitution. We have suspected that he was poisoned, but no one said a word. He's been in the lake for two years, as it allows him to live. In the lake, he is still physically growing, but he has no idea that it was the only thing keeping him alive by preserving his body.

Current time: I see the little girl taking his body out. What is she doing!!! Is she planning on killing him?

Swiftly, I go to her shoulder and ask for her identity. She tells me her name nervously, then ran away.

Back to the problem on hand I run to the Prince's side, hoping to get him back to the water in time. But before I can conduct the spell to levitate him, he woke up.

This is a complete miracle. He was awake and perfectly fine. Just who was that girl? And how does she possess such powers to be able to do this?

In a flash, the elders were down here, by the lake. They were also shocked by the phenomenon that happened, as they were also in confusion on how he was still alive after being taken out from the lake that was pure mana.

I soon told them about the little girl who broke through the barrier and had taken the prince out of the lake. They had decided to conduct a search for her hoping to be able to see her potential.

Crown Prince's POV (Simon)

I woke up. I was finally gone from the everlasting darkness that had engulfed me during these two years.

Waking up I can only see that I have grown. The people around me seemed to have aged a little in their years too. I can only tear up, knowing that they have been the ones tending to me all these years.

Looking around me, I noticed that they were talking about a matter. Tuning in, I learned that the reason why I am awake is because a small girl had saved me.

They seemed to have set a look out for her. Good. I have an interest in her. To be able to do this to me. Maybe I'll give her my body as a thanks.

"Alex," I say

"Make sure you find that girl for me."

"Yes. Your subordinate shall do as you command."

Alex was a spirit of Blue Fire. I met him when I turned 5. And soon we made a contract.

*******

Because it's been a long time since I had been in the outside world, my body had become frail, and so I had decided to walk around the forest to take a walk.

Almost halfway deep into the forest, I hear rustles incoming from the opposite direction, and so I called out to the one making the sound.

"Who are you!"

I heard no response, then like a flash, a girl had run past me. I turned and started to chase her, but because of my unkept body, I was unable to keep up with her.

She was fast, and was running in the direction that I came from?

I finally made it onsite, only when I saw her take a bag from the floor. It seems that was planning on taking something.

I tried to see what she looked like, only to see a veil covering the bottom half of her face. But her eyes were beautiful. You can see the world in her eyes.

Out of conscious, I blurted out, "I like your eyes."

She must think I'm weird. How am I going to fix this? Looking into a daze, I notice that she was looking at me with fiery eyes.

She didn't talk to me, but you can see that in her eyes, she was flustered.

I'm happy to have made this kind of effect on her. But why did she not respond to me? Does she have a problem?

Without getting to ask for her name, she again ran back into the forest. I hope to be able to see her again. The only thing I thought of for a while was her, mysteriousness and her eyes. I seemed to have been entranced.

Although I planned to be saved for my savior, I had already fallen in love with a girl.I don't even know her name why was she on my mind so much?

Going back to talk to Alex, I heard that they also cannot find the girl that had saved me. OK, this will work out for me.

I have decided to look for that girl. The one with the eyes that speak to me.

Reine's POV

I got my books. It would've caused trouble if anybody saw what were in the books. Walking back to my house, I bumped into the old man again.

"Hello little girl, I see fate had let us meet once again"

I was bombarded. I had no idea of who this man was. I just nodded that I understood what he meant.

"Did you read the book"

Again I just nodded as an answer.

"What happened when you tried it?"

I wanted to question him in many regards, but I also needed to keep my image.

"I know you can speak, so if you have any questions, ask now, or I will leave."

How did he know? "Umm. That book didn't work. I dropped my blood into the water, but.... but...." As I was about to continue.

"You didn't say the spell."

"H- How did you know?" I questioned.

"I, of course, followed you. It's been centuries since there had been anyone like you on our continent again!"

"What do you mean?" I nervously ask.

"You are like me. A holder of the ancient magic," he says. "I want you to become my apprentice. Do you accept?"

I nodded again. This was a culture shock to me.

"Good. Let's do introductions. I am Vallidore Quentins. You may also know me as the most powerful magician that disappeared seventy years ago. You are?"

"I am Reine Welks. The daughter of Duke Jeffery Welks. I hope that this cooperation does no need my parent's consent."

"Why, child?"

"I am known as a mute. They don't particularly pamper me as they are more engaged with their sons. It's not like they care about where I am."

"I see. We can cooperate with conditions. "

I had reluctantly agreed. I mean, I wanted to know more about the powers I possess.