Chapter 9

Reine's POV

"C'mon.." I whined, "Don't you like adventures?"

"But you accepted it without our permission." Simon says, "What are we to you. Accessories?"

"I didn't mean it like that...." I sigh and continue, "He said that with this, we can graduate. Don't you want to leave? I know that we are young, but don't you think there are better things out there?"

"I guess, but you should have at least signaled us."

"I'm sorry. But since I already said yes, why don't we do it? Plus the extra experience." I say. To be more persuasive I add, "Don't you want to know what happened to you? You're parent's don't even know that you're alive. Everyone thinks you're dead."

"Yea..." 

"Since we are agreeing on doing this mission, let's check it out," Reges says

"Do you think it'll be fun?" I say

"We are elites. You don't think that they'll give us a small mission, right? Plus there has to be something big in order for the headmaster to decide to call us in."

"I bet you're right."

We walk into the headmaster's office to receive the mission on paper. It seems that there are some people disrupting the neighborhood. They are only a level S. I mean it is a big accomplishment for people in this world, but for me, Reges and Simon, we were already in the Immortal Levels, only now trying out new things to amplify ourselves. But then again, most people barely even get to the levels after E. 

"We have to go to a guild first and tell them that we are handling this gig."

"Oh. It's a guild thing?" From my knowledge, the people who accept get paid, so I say, "Do we get paid?"

"It's a whole lot. People are even offering diamonds for it." Reges says.  < 50 copper = 1 Silver, 20 Silver = 1 Gold, 500 Gold = 1 Diamond >

"But do we really have to check in? I don't want to." I say

"No one does, but you accepted this so fast.." Simon interrupts.

"Fine. Fine. I get it."

"Let's get going."

***

We get to the guild and walk in, of course still wearing our masks. As we walk in, I hear many teasing in the crowd and astonishments. Mixed feelings. But what can be said, we weren't the type of people who other people knew. We were just flying rumors.

"Aren't they too young to be here?"

"Look at the mission they're holding."

"Who do they think they are."

"Are they the Avalon Aces?"

"The ones who master every class their first year at school?"

"They're practically geniuses, but why are they here?"

Ignoring all of these comments, we head to the front desk, and Reges holds up the paper, signifying that we request this mission, but the lady misinterpreted it and called their master. When he walked out the only things that I say to describe him is, old and wise.

"So you're the ones that the Headmaster sent? You seem quite young. Why don't you rethink it."

"We already accepted the mission," Reges says in a nonchalant tone.

"I see. But what about her. She's only 10, rethink this decision."

"She's the one who said yes. And the most powerful out of us three." Simon says

"Okay." Their master says, "Come back if you can't, no one will blame you."

We head out to the village of Whick. 

***

In Whick, we see that there are no people around, so we poke around and see that the people are hiding in their houses. But what are they hiding from? We continue to walk down the empty streets until a boy around my age came to me and pulled me into his house.

"You shouldn't be out there. What if they saw you." He warns as he walks me and my comrades into his house. In their, we see his parents and younger sister. 

"Richard!! Why did you bring them in, what if they saw you. What if the people you brought were them!" They scold the child. This was something that I too yearn, parents who care enough.

Since I related and trusted the parent's judgment, I coughed to allow for them to know that I was there and decided to talk. Although I usually don't talk, I decided that this was a good time.

"I am sorry to interrupt, but I would like to inform you that we mean no harm. I would also like to ask what is going on in this village. Why are you people living in fear? Me and my comrades are here to help"

"You look around the age of my son. Children. What do you think you can do that can help us. You're just people looking for attention and getting our hopes up." He blurts

"I see you've been through this before. But allow me to say that we are not them and they are not us. And another thing, we aren't doing this for you. We are helping ourselves." I say coldly and they suddenly shut up.

Reges steps in and says, "I don't care about how you feel, we were just asking for information, and if you can't give it, then we'll just ask someone else. Simple as that."

"Wait. There are people. Strong people. They are taking over our village and killing people who disobey. They're taking our food. Making us suffer." The mother says. "If you can help, then I will assist you with everything you need, just get us out of this predicament."

"I like you," I say, "You're straightforward."

"Where are they. That's all I need to know."

"You don't need anything else? How will you prepare?" The boy asked.

"We are stronger. Thats why we will beat them. Plus there are three of us, why can't we beat them?" I say in a playful tone.

"Will you really?" he says.

"Yes. We will."