Chapter 4

Reges's POV

I am Reges. Some may know me as the child of Max. Max. You can say he's quite the mysterious person. For example, his powers are almost unlimited. And I was his son had taken on his powers. A seer said that I was to rule the world, and with that, I was named Reges. I can tell that he was no ordinary person. He always wanted to not talk about his past and keep what's in the present. I just want to know who I am. I can tell that I wasn't his kid. I didn't that the love of a parent given to me. And why do I have such extraordinary powers? 

One day, my dad bought a little girl home. Although it was the first girl that he's brought, I thought that he was just playing hero. Looking back from the book I was reading, I made eye contact with her. She was just so cute. I could sense her powers too. How could she possess as great of powers as I?

At first, she didn't talk much, but then I noticed how chatty she would get when talking about things she learned, or about the things she made. Her smile was really pretty, making me just want to pinch her cheeks. 

I don't talk to her. You see, when I first saw her, I started to get memories from a person from the future. There were tall buildings and lights everywhere. There were many things that were extremely technological. Something that would take long for it to actually happen.

At first, when I saw the person, he was such a person who was amazing at attracting the other gender by doing nothing. I acted the same as him, hoping for the same result. But nothing. She paid no attention to me after the 3 months. 

Finally, after taking a shower, I walked into my room, with only a surprise waiting for me. It was her. She was wearing an extravagant gown. She was practically an angel. 

It appears that my acted didn't catch her attention, but made her stray further. 

It was her birthday. I wish I had known. This way, I could have made her feel more special. Either way, I have a present for her. I go into my drawers and grab it without her noticing.

On her way out, I placed the necklace on her. It was the moon. It represented that I was to make her my queen. Obviously, I was the king of the relationship.

She was.... in a shock?

I see that I've created a representation for myself. 

This is simple. It just means that I'll need to try harder for her to know my feelings for her.

Reine's POV

He didn't hate me. He doesn't hate me!!!

Finally, I have someone to talk to. A new friend. Unintentionally, I started to cry. As the streams of water were coming out of my eyes, he started to panic. Cute. Being young was fun.

After have a deep talk for the rest of the night, I went back home. I just casually teleported in my room without any worries. The moment I was about the drift into my sleep, my door was slammed open.

There was standing my parents that look mad? What did I do? Oh. I remember. I didn't talk to that prince. Welp, I tried my best.

"Do you have anything to say young lady?" my dad says

I look at them blankly, and it was then that they remembered that I couldn't talk. 

"It seems that you caught the eyes of the second prince. He asked for your presence. But you weren't here. So where were you?" my dad continued.

Without talking I just pointed to a book, telling them that I was in the library.

"You dare to  make me lose face just because you wanted to read?!" he said

Out of nowhere, my mother grabbed onto his arm to reassure him and he left saying. "I'm sorry, but after your accident, everything has been so frustrating."

I knew that it was a lie. He took pride in having sons. I was his daughter. Although for most people, their daughter was like a gem. I was an overseen rock that contained diamonds. That was something Reges once told me.

It's been a week since Reges and I became friends and talked to each other more. I loved it. It was nice t have someone to talk to. At the same time, he would just listen to me forever, without even complaining. I am thankful. I know that I talk a lot. 

As there were rankings on how much power you can conjure, I can say that I was already in the SS stage. < reverse alphabet order z,y,x,w,v,u,t,s,r,q,o,n,m,l,k,j,i,h,g,f,e,d,c,b,a,ss, After these there are a big gap to be immortal>  What can I say? I was kind of an OP. Max was astonished by my monstrous improvement made.

But there was a problem with having this much power. I had the take the public powers test in two days. And what am I supposed to do if I just let myself go through that? I would be treated differently. Although my parents my would finally take notice of me, it would be distracting, and I couldn't be with Max and Reges anymore.

Max taught me ways to manipulate the stone that records powers using my illusion attribute. It seems that I will be able to slip by everyone. Reges is a year older than me and already went through it, so he said that the most norm was at around 2 attributes, one common and one rare. But since I don't have them, I guess I'm just putting enchant and chant-less to make it seem a little normal.

Reges also told me that there is an elder that also has ancient powers, he is really a hero for everyone. It seems that I will be called out. Why is life so hard? 

Today is the day. I hope all goes well. 

Walking into the hall next to my brother, I notice the awkwardness in his eyes. he obviously is unable to talk to me, I'm like a stranger. But what can I say, the time we had quality time together was when we in mom's womb.

Sitting in the seats from the nobles to commoners, I sat there knowing the lustrous stares of the other kid, and sympathy is given by the mothers and father looking at me.

Jax was first to be called up to the podium. He was asked to place his hands on the crystal stone. His attributes were earth than summon and he was already on level r. It seems that my parents were already putting in training. I unconsciously smirk in a mocking fashion. 

It was my turn to go up and see my attributes. As I stood on the podium, I placed my hand on the ball and did my magic. Only countless and Chant-less appeared. Because of my petty self, I unconsciously made my level l.

The hall was quiet until a vase fell down to break the silence. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me. That all I could think of. 

After the entire ceremony was over, the servants came to inform my parents that the headmaster wanted to see me. They obviously were confused. As they left the room only when Jax's attributes were called.