Chapter 6

Reine's POV

Today was my first day of school.

Although to most people, their parents were a big part of going to their first day of the academy. I tried to tell my parents about how I'd be going two years earlier, they wouldn't listen. I allowed myself to just forget it. Anyways, I will be going to school with Max and Reges. Max is the person closest to me that I would call a guardian, so he brought me. 

I was wearing the school uniform, which can I say I look amazing in it, but I couldn't help but look at Reges. The world is truly unfair, how did he get a body like that already. Why not me? 

We weren't the only two wearing masks to my surprise. There was another person. He look familiar, but I couldn't remember it, so I let it pass. It seems that he was also relieved to see two other people in masks.

Before we can make eye contact, I continue to walk next to Reges to the testing rooms. In there, there were only people who were about 5 years older than us. 

Without a sense of shame or embarrassment, I sit in the front seat, next to the seat Reges sat in. After about 3 minutes, the other man in a mask came in. Why does he look so familiar?

Leaving the thought as the back of my head, I wait for the test to be passed out. Looking at all the questions and answering, I finished the whole test in about 5 minutes and handed my test in. Walking outside, I wait for Reges to finish after me near the door. As the door was open I walk, expecting him to walk next to me. 

"How was the test?" I was asked

That was when I noticed that I wasn't with Reges. Whyyyyy. I looked and saw the other masked man. I stopped and waited until Reges came to me. Like I said. I don't like talking to other people. 

"Sorry. The Teacher was asking me about how you and I were knowledgeable at this age."

I simply nod.

"Let's go."

I nod again and follow. I don't know why I follow. I just do.

We left the other person there alone. I don't want to say that we're exclusive, but I like it that way. Just the two of us, and no one else to bother us with their problems.

After that, we walked into the office for the official cards that allow us into the school. You see, with Max's connection, we were able to live outside of the school. We were currently living in a cottage near the school. 

Although the whole house was set up for them to live in, they really didn't. Considering that they both have teleportation powers, they were able to go home in a jiffy. It was more convenient for them.

Walking into the house, they hung out and looked around the house. Afterward, they both went into the bathroom and teleported themselves into the library at Max's house. This was a somewhat win-win situation for Max since he will still be able to oversee their progression.

On this same day, the other guy that had a mask on was sitting in a chair reading a book. He was no longer wearing his mask, but they could still recognize him. They both still had their masks on, so they didn't yet reveal who they were. 

"Reges. Reine. He will be staying with us for the time being... You see.. a friend of mine *cough*the headmaster*cough* wanted me to let his apprentice stay with me as it's more convenient."

"I see," says Reges. 

"Also you shouldn't feel threatened by him. He also has powers the same as us. Ancient attributed."

"Ok," says Reges.

"Also Reine, feel free to talk to him."

With Max breaking my cover, I smile under my mask. He was going to get it later. 

Taking off my mask, I greet myself, "I'm Reine. Reine Welks. And next to me is Reges Niklon. You are?"

"Simon. You can just call me Simon."

"Okay then."

"It's you"

"Excuse me?"

"You. The one that saved me." with that, he stepped closer to be almost grabbing me.

I wasn't used to him, much less would allow him to touch me. Unconsciously, I grabbed onto Reges and stood behind him. Sensing what I felt, he turned and placed his jacket on me. Then turned to Simon saying, "She doesn't talk to anyone but me or Max, you aren't allowed to be harsh in your movements until she gives you permission."

"Oh.. I see.." Simson says, first looking at Reges, then to me. 

"You can continue," I say.

"Yea...ummm... where you the one in the forest a few years ago?" Then it hit me. This was the idiot that I saved, they had almost been caught by.

"The boy from the water? It seems that I was. So what?" I don't like beating around the bush and get straight to the point.

Simon's POV

I knew it was her the moment saw her. She was wearing a mask to cover her face, but her eyes, they were the one thing that enchanted me. I knew it was her from the start.

As I was about the talk, she turned to the boy next to her, and they walked in the direction of where I was heading too. Maybe we are in the same predicament. 

You see, after the coma I was in, I was off the radar and at the same time I missed a lot of things, therefore I read and trained to catch up. I wanted to hide my identity. I was for many reasons. One, the person aiming to kill me was no ordinary person. Two, my family doesn't know of my wake. And three, I needed to move around. Fast.

After the test, like a nervous boy, I asked a measly question. Walking by her side.

She stopped the moment I spoke and without batting me an eye, she waited for the boy who was with her. She probably thought that I was him. That hits the heart.

I continued to follow her. Looking at where she was heading. After they left the campus, I assumed that they would be back, so I stopped and headed to Max's house.

Although I have no ability to teleport, Max was able to get me to his house with his skills. When I got to his house, I was in awe of how extravegant his house was. Looking around, I was distracted by Max. 

"They are going to be here any minute."

"Who?"

"My kids. The ones I look over."

"Oh. Okay."

"One last thing. Don't be too fast with the girl. I'm already helping you by making her talk to you, but she doesn't like strangers."

"I'll keep that in mind."

As I was reading one of the books in the library, I was listening halfheartedly to the conversation. One-third way into the book, two people came into the room. It was them. The two who were at school.

Looking at the girl, she looked confused to why I was here. In my thought, Max said,"Reges. Reine. He will be staying with us for the time being... You see.. a friend of mine *cough*the headmaster*cough* wanted me to let his apprentice stay with me as it's more convenient."

After, she took off her mask. She was beautiful. Wonder why she is hiding under a mask since there are people who skip grades, but she has no reason to hide.

In my excitement, I said, "It's you"

"Excuse me?"

"You. The one that saved me." with that, I stepped closer to be almost grabbing her.

When I did, she grabbed onto the boy next to her, hiding behind him. With that, she bluntly let me finish. It seems that I didn't engrave her mind like she did to me. Then that means that I will be doing that now.