Chapter 10

Reine's POV

We got the information we needed. That being said, all we needed to know was where the headquarters for this "evil" group was located and with that information we left.

I honestly had a bad predicament with this case. Although it seemed it was easy with S leveled hooligans, for someone to be willing to pay diamonds for their removal meant that this was no easy task at all. I'm pretty sure that this "headquarters" were a subset of a bigger corporation, but I let these thoughts run through my mind as I leisurely walked between Reges and Simon.

We reached the end of our destination, coming to a tavern in the middle of the village. I took this chance to look at the environment of this place, and just as I thought, there must be something bigger behind them. I could sense it. These men were mostly drunkards who were arrogant in what they had, yet didn't know of people who were more powerful than them. It's a shame that it was our group that came to extinguish them. No pity will cross our eyes.

Although death would've been a likely way to solve this, it simply wasn't enough for me. Seeing the fear in everyone's eyes when I entered the village told me that they'd done more damage than I'd do to them. What can I say, I was soft with children. To have experienced this at a young age, I will change their fate right now.

I confidently walked into the tavern to be greeted with a barrel of beer thrown at me. These idiots don't know manners. I picked up the barrel with a single hand and threw it toward the bar and well that got everyone's attention. Their joy was just destroyed in front of them, nonetheless done by a 5'0 child.

"Look it's just a child" one of the men said.

"I'm not into children, but her them grow up into a woman in here, she'd probably like it more than us" I looked at them with disgust.

I said nothing as one of their men walked in front of me, I saw his eyes and he was looking for action. Before his hand touched me, I put on a glove and broke his arm. I didn't want to taint my skin with something so disgusting. Everyone stopped laughing and looked in my direction once again, so I used this time to play with their hearts. I grabbed the man, slammed him into the floor and stepped on his manhood for everyone to see.

Chaos ensued and men from every direction ran towards me. I smirked and thought, well this is going to be fun, isn't it? Although I had strong magic, that wasn't as fun so I decided to go fully with combat. I summoned the most beautiful sword I've laid my eyes on. It was a gift from Reges, he knows me best. Pulling the sword from the encasing, there was an ice blue sword in my hands. It glimmered in the sun and had ancient writing on one side of the blade. The length changed to what the sword thought was a perfect side depending to body type and growth (it was convenient for me). Looking at my sword one more time, I ran toward the herd of men running towards me.

Running, I jumped into the air and landed right in the middle of the group and spun as I sliced the men's abdomen, arms and back, letting them go unconscious, not yet killing them. The second wave of men ran towards me, probably to avenge their lost brothers, but it was their mistake.

Is this what the headmaster was taking about experience, they all just seemed like angry children with disgusting minds to me. Oh well, I simply want to graduate and travel the world, my death sentence within the world is probably gone, I think.

One by one, men fell onto the floor, only leaving a single person left. He didn't rush to me, still drinking his beer at the edge of the bar. There was something definitely something wrong about him as he still didn't move. Just as I was about to step forward, the man was suddenly appeared in front of me. Who was he? He smirked and grabbed a piece of my hair kissing it. *hurl* With that, I grabbed my blade and jumped back, cutting the piece of hair as I noticed that it was rotting. Hair doesn't rot, but he made so. I needed to be fast, he wasn't someone ordinary. Sensing danger, Reges and Simon quickly jumped in front to me, baring their eyes into the man who could actually lay a hand on me.

Before I could tell them to leave it to me, they both charged toward the man. But to all of our surprise, this man just let them hit him. With his figure falling on the floor, we all sighed and questioned why he didn't attack and let himself be beat. Walking away from the scene, I had an bad feeling, so I glanced back, only to see a glob come out of the man's body and shifted into a man. He laughed like a crazed man before looking into our direction.

"I'm out!" He said, smirking. "I let you three see my beauty" before laughing like a madman. And if I was honestly speaking, he was too beautiful.

Noticing that he can control his body the way he wanted to, I knew that my blade would have no effect and I'd have to solely rely on magic. With Reges and Simon on my side again, we all looked at each other before nodding. I quickly set up an illusion before the three of us charged at him. But to my surprise he continued simply standing there. When the three of us were a hair away from attacking, he suddenly disappeared. Felling alert, the three of us stood back to back looking around the surroundings, for any movement.

To my surprise I was pulled underneath the floor into a room, probably a basement, but I couldn't feel the presence of the other two any longer. I faced the man who stood there smiling.

With an annoying voice, he said "This battle is between you and me. I want to see your extent before your Prince Charmings come to save this damsel in distress."

Jumping back, I took my stance. My life and death didn't work on him, meaning one of three things; he's stronger than me, he has the same attribute, or he has a magical amulet of some sort that reflects this (yes, something this powerful exists, but all were known to be destroyed after the ancient times). I stared at him and thought that this was going to be a fierce one.