Fresh Air

^^ Your Outfit

And on the first day of spring break, God created Wattpad, and he declared: "Let there be key plot movements!"

"So, I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to hit the hay. Recording is exhausting." Tori stood up from her seat next to Arthur, stretching and waving us all good night. The smile she sent Arthur was slightly different than the one's she sent everyone else, and I couldn't help but knowingly frown. Whatever that was needed to be stopped.  

Ariana lifted her head off of my shoulder to look at Tori's retreating form. "I've never heard a truer statement." I laughed and wrapped my arms tighter around her waist, adjusting her comfy position on my lap.

It was not even seconds after Tori left the room before Arthur was out of his seat too. "Well, if Tori's going to sleep, there's no point for me to be awake. Night losers." 

"Love you too, Art." Within a matter of minutes everyone besides Ari and I had disappeared to their various places of sleep, and I was content to let her body warmth and the news on TV lull me into a sleepy state. "I'm so glad you met my brothers today; I'm sorry if I kind of sprung it on you, but you all surprise visited me on the same day." I chuckled quietly into her soft hair. "There was nothing I could do there."

"Don't apologize." Ari swung around till she was straddling my lap and able to look into my eyes. "I loved meeting them. They're important to you so if anything I felt nervous, but I didn't feel rushed into it at all. Also, I mean, excluding that painful three months, we have been dating for over a year now; I feel like we're getting to the stage where it's okay to meet each others family." 

With a gentle smile, I lightly pecked her forehead before leaning mine on hers. "Does that mean I get to meet someone from the Grande-Butera clan anytime soon?" 

"Yes, whenever you want to, and we both have time, I will take you to meet my family." 

Her words caused a chain reaction of nerves, love, and excitement to bubble up inside of my chest, and I had to try my hardest to keep a cool face on the outside. Ariana snuggled her face back into my neck, and silence pervaded the room for a few more minutes until curiosity struck me. "So why did you decide to surprise me today? I thought you were busy until next saturday."

"I told you that so the surprise would be more.. surprise-y, and also.. I have to tell you something."

I sat up a little straighter at the ominous words, and in doing so I got a clear shot of the tv screen. The words Celebrity Central flashed momentarily before a photo of Ariana and Drake came up. I couldn't hear what was being said because the volume was muted, but I didn't have to. The words on the bottom of the screen cleared up everything. 

'Are Drake and Ariana dating? Pair has been seen holding hands and flirting on what appeared to be a romantic date to the beach.'

Ariana must have felt my body tense, because, with a confused expression, she twisted her torso to look at the screen. "Hey, baby, I know this looks slightly bad, but please let me explain."

I forced my body to relax when I saw the scared gleam in her eyes - I didn't let her explain last time with the whole Theo situation, and she probably thought I wouldn't let her explain now either - "Moonlight, I trust you. Just tell me what's going on." 

Her entire body seemed to sag in relief, and I knew I had done the right thing. "Well, remember how I was telling you Scooter was scared I was losing the public interest level I had before. Him, and the management from Drake's team, decided that us fake dating would help bring it to a higher level before I release my next album." I nodded my head when she paused. Though I hated the very thought of someone else dating Ari, fake or not, I could understand that it wasn't really her choice. "And please don't be mad, but I was frustrated and told Scooter about you to try to convince him against the plan."