Chapter 14

"How further do we have to climb Kevin? My legs hurt. Atleast be a gentleman and give me a piggyback ride." I whine shamelessly earning a chuckle from the guy who was a few feet in front of me.

I mean who wouldn't whine? After the wonderful first date at the zoo, I was more than ready to rush home, jump into the showers for a nice hot bath and snuggle in bed.

Kevin had ever so cutely asked me if I've a little more time on my hands, as there was a special place he wanted to take me to. Who would say no?

I winced in pain as I felt the strap of the sandal I was wearing cut the side of my feet. The soles were aching and begged for a rest.

"Just a little further Amy. Keep climbing." He said lending me a hand with an apologetic look in his eyes. Did he notice me limping?

Holding his warm hand, I climbed the remaining of the stairs. A metallic door came into view perking my interest even more. Where are we even going?

I moved my hand closer to the door knob, but before I could open Kevin stopped me.

"What? We came all this way to admire just the door?" Why do I always have to sound so arrogant?

"Close your eyes please."

I lifted a brow staring at him. Really now?

"It's a surprise. But if you walk through this door with your eyes open, that would kill the surprise now wouldn't it? Please?" He asked once more with a touch of pleading in his tone.

Oh well what's to lose?

Sighing I shut my eyes. No sooner had I closed my eyes, I heard the door being open with a rusty loud noise. A hand snaked around my waist pulling me closer as we took a step forward. I wasn't sure if I should be excited that I was so close to Kevin or to be scared shit cause I was pretty sure we were at a very high place and my eyes were closed tight.

I felt a cool breeze on my face. The cold evening wind felt refreshing after having spent nearly the whole day in the hot sun.

"okay?" I asked when we had stopped for a moment.

"A little further." Was all he said as he lead me further. And then we stopped again.

"You can open your eyes now Amy." And so I did.

"Welcome to best night sight and my secret relaxation spot."

He let go of me and I stood there standing still as mount Fuji.

"Holy mother of pudding!"

I ran towards the edge grasping the silver railing tight until my knuckles turned white.

"Oh my god!"

I had the perfect view of the entire city!

Heavy traffic ceaselessly flowed up and down the street.

The lights turned on outside were flickering and coloring the streets orange.  It gave the city a New-York like soul.

When I tilted my head skyward I could see clearly millions of bright stars dotted on the black clear night sky a half-moon hovering at the fringes of the luminous cityscape. There wasn't a cloud in the star-speckled sky. Rows of towering skyscrapers stretched above, their windows alight from within.,.
A breathtaking, marvelous, scenery was before my eyes and all I could do was shiver in excitement and the strange urge to shout at the top of my lungs crept through me.

"It's... Its amazing Kevin."

I felt him move closer wrapping his arms around my low waist resting his head on my shoulder.