Chapter 5

Friday, It was a rainy day.

When I finally made it to school I was dripping wet. 'Well shit'. I went to class. It was a quiet day. The classes went by in a blur. When class ended I went outside and it was raining even more. The place was all muddy. Everyone got their umbrellas out, but me obviously not being able to afford one, ran through the rain .

When I rounded the corner, I slipped and fell into a puddle of mud. "Shit!" 'Now my shirt and jeans are dirty (technically they're not mine). I was covered in mud. When I tried to get up, I slipped and fell again. Getting even dirtier. 'Just great. Thanks a lot Mother Nature.' I get up one more time and this time I manage to keep my balance. The rain kept coming and I started walking just in case I slip into a puddle of mud again.

A car stopped by, I looked up and recognized the car instantly. It was Joseph's. He rolled down the window.

"What happened to you?"

"Oh I just slipped in a puddle of mud, no big deal."

"Would you like a ride?"

"Uh, it's okay, I don't want to get your car dirty."

"Don't worry about that just get in."

"I, uh, I'm not going home, I don't really want to face my dad right now." I say trying to get him off my back.

He looked at me thoughtful for a second. "Alright then, get in."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Just get in."

I give in and get in the car.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Joseph stops by a normal sized house.

"Is this your house?" I ask.

"Yup, come on." He says as he stops the engine and exits the car. I follow after him as he unlocks the door and steps in. The place looked nice. With wooden walls and white ceiling. He had a kitchen and a dining table on one end of the house. He had the living room with two sets of couches and a coffee table in between with a 55in tv on top of a fireplace on the other end, and in front of me, was stairs, leading to the second floor.

"Nice house." I say.

"Thanks, want to go upstairs and take a shower?"

"Uh, sure, thank you." I walk up the stairs and try to find the bathroom. When I found it I got in and I started stripping down, then I started the shower. I got into the shower and I immediately felt relieved. I scrubbed the dirt from my body. My hair smelled terrible, I looked around and spot some men's shampoo. I grab it and use it on my hair. I haven't used shampoo in a long ass time and it smelled damn near good. When I was done, I got out of the shower and found a towel to wrap around myself. I looked for my cloths but they weren't there. I open the door slightly and yelled down to Joseph.

"Hey, Joseph where are my cloths?"

"Oh, I'm washing them, hang tight for a second till they dry." I sat down on the toilet seat and waited a few minutes. My damp hair was brushing against my shoulders and it tickled. I was getting tired of waiting so I went out in my towel and wandered into a room. I guessed it was Joseph's. I looked into his closet and I decided to wear one of his shirts as a dress. Then I made my way downstairs.

"Just a few more minute and your cloths will be rea-"

He looked at me in disbelief and I just blushed and looked down.

"I got tired of waiting, I hope you don't mind, I was ju-"

"Oh no it's okay." I saw him put down coffee mugs on the coffee table. "You drink coffee?" He asks.

"No, but I'd like to try it." I say as I sit across from him on the opposite couch and grabbed the coffee. I took a sip and the sweet almond flavor filled my mouth and made its way down my throat.

"It's good."

After that we just drank in silence. I noticed a picture frame on the table and I pick it up. It was a picture of the same women he was with at the mall, she was holding onto his arm, smiling and he was too and that made me frown. I look up at a him to see him looking at me.

I show him the picture frame. "Is this your girlfriend?" I ask.

"What? No. That's my cousin, she visits me from Canada twice a year, and every time she visits I take her out somewhere nice."

No way. seriously? The thought made me smile, at least he's not taken, and I put the frame down. I get up and look at the other pictures.

"Amy, I need to tell you something." I look at Joseph and he puts down his mug and walks over to me.

A little too close. I realized how much taller than me he is.

My breath hitches, as I looked into those beautiful blue eyes. "W-what is it." I ask, suddenly breathless. He gets closer and I back up against the wall.

"You do not know, what you are doing to me." He says and let's out a breath that reaches my face. He smells of sweet almond from the coffee. He raises his hands to place on both sides of my head, trapping me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, my heart beating loud in my chest.

"Wearing my shirt, using my shampoo." He puts his nose in my hair and takes a long sniff, then he pulls back and looks at me. "Looking at me with those beautiful eyes."

I don't know what was happening, all I know is that my heart has found someway to beat twice as fast, because Joseph, the man I've grown to like is in front of me, confessing about what I do to him.

"I know it's not right, but for some reason, I like you, more than just my student." I look at him, awestruck. 'I can't believe he actually likes me back.'

Before I knew it, He has inched closer to me. I lift my head up but before our lips can meet his phone goes off.

'Ugh always that damn phone.'

But instead of picking up the phone he takes it from his pocket,, hangs up and throws it across the room.

He turns back to me, this time not wasting any time. He dives in to give me a gentle kiss. His lips move with mine and his hands come to grip my waist. When our kiss was about to deepen. I stop remembering something, and I push at Joseph's chest. He pulls back confused and a bit hurt. I was panting by now and I could barely talk. "I l-like you t-too." Joseph's smiles a gentle smile and resumes kissing me. His tongue traces over my lips asking for permission. I allow him to enter and his tongue moves in sync with mine as he explores my mouth. We kept kissing until we had to pull apart for breath, we were both panting, taking in oxygen greedily. Joseph holds up a hand to my cheek.

"You're so beautiful."

I blush and look down. No one's called me beautiful before.

"I'm gonna go get your cloths." He says and I look back up at him. He gives me a quick peck on the lips and turns to go upstairs. When I can't see him anymore. I sigh and a huge grin spreads across my face. I go and jump on the couch. So happy and content with my life for once. A huge wave of exhaustion washes over me. That's when I let dream overtake me.