Chapter 8

Joseph's P.O.V

I can't even begin to describe what I was seeing right in front of me. For a second I was happy that Amy showed up at my house, all I thought about was, "Is she coming to say that it was all a joke? That the tantrum a few days ago was some kind of prank?

But that was before I noticed that her side was gushing blood and her tear stricken face.

She was apologizing and saying she loves me, I was just frozen in shock, trying to process what was going on.

My eyes had widened in fear when she collapsed in my arms.

"AMY?!?!" I quickly carry her bridal style. "NO AMY DON'T DIE ON ME." I didn't know what happened, all I know is Amy is passed out in my arms possibly dead, and I can't have that, I won't let that happen, she is everything to me, I can't live without her. I. Will. Not. Let. Her. Die.

I quickly took her to my car and drove to the hospital while keeping pressure where I believed the blood was coming from. I started breathing heavily, the thought of Amy dying, killed me. I tried to stay calm and focus on pressuring her wound.

When I finally got to the hospital, I ran inside, yelling at the nurses to get her help. Some nurses came over with a stretcher, I placed her down, they started moving. I walked with them, tears falling aimlessly down my face, my bloody hands brushing against Amy's cheek, muttering sweet nothings. Then when they finally got her into the room, they told me to stay outside. I stood outside as they locked the door behind them.

I couldn't do anything else. I had to leave it up to the doctors. Amy, amy, amy, AMY. Please be alright, oh god please don't let her die, she is still so young and she has a whole life ahead of her. Please don't let her die. PLEASE. I felt like my heart was being torn from my heart, this is the worst kind of pain I've ever felt in my life. I could barely control my breathing. My throat was dry, and my cloths are a complete mess.

All I could do was pace around and fidget, as I waited and waited and waited, for anyone to tell me anything.

Finally, a nurse leaves the room Amy is in.

I rush up to her bombarding her with questions. "Is she alright? Is she gonna make it? How bad is the wound?"

But the nurse shushed me. "I'm sorry, but at this time, it's hard to tell her condition, we are preparing for a blood transfusion, seeing as she has lost too much blood and her heart is unstable. For now I need you to tell me exactly what happened?"

"I- I don't know- I just- she showed up-and she was hurt-I didn't know- I-what to do-she- I-"

"Sir, I need you to calm down, we aren't going to get anywhere with this with you like that"

I take a deep breath, wiping my tears and I tell her how she just showed up at my door all bloody. The nurse took notes as I talked.

"Not much to go on, but thank you for cooperation." With that she leaves just like that, and I'm left yet again with my thoughts.

After a while, a nurse comes up to me.

"Sir, we have some results-"

"Is she okay?"

"We still aren't sure, but we have concluded that the injury is two stab wounds, to the side of her abdomen."

"Wait so you mean- she was stabbed? By who?" Sudden anger fills my very being and I clench my fists.

"Sir, please calm down. If you want to help her, calm down."

A few moments and I've composed myself. There's time for that later, my top priority is Amy.

"What do you want me to do?"

"First, I want you to go home get some rest and-"

"No I'm not leaving her."

"Okay than, at least change out of you cloths." I wasn't paying much attention to my cloths, until now. "There's nothing you can do if you are here, so go home change out of your cloths than come right back. Simple."

"Okay." I say, very, very reluctantly. I turn, about to leave when the nurse calls out to me.

"Yes?" I ask

"What is you relationship with this girl?"

"Uh-I'm her boyf- her teacher." I corrected myself just in time.