Chapter 10

Maleeyah

Two hours later

I swayed back and forth to the music as I sipped and my green apple Smirnoff. I had every nigga watching me and every bitch burning with envy and I was loving it. I reached into my bra and took out the note I had been waiting to read. I knew she left it for me this morning but I was to mad to read it.

I'll make it up to you love.

You're my one and only and

you don't forget it.

- Your bubbles

I smiled at the note before I ripped it up. I tossed it in a nearby trash can and looked around. Aj was splashing around in the pool with the other kids and Aden was talking to some girl with only a bikini on. That man will never change. I thought as I walked over to a bench.

"I know you not about to sit down." a make voice said behind me.

"Yes I am. Thank you." I said turning around to see who I was talking to. There stood a man that made my mouth water. He stood about 6'4, milk chocolate complexion, light brown eyes, a perfectly sculpted tattooed body that made me want to lick him until my tongue went dry. He had black cargo shorts with Ralph Lauren Polo boxers with no shirt. His sculpted eight pack led my eyes down to his perfect v. I licked my lips at the beautiful man before me.

"You're not gone get in da pool?" he asked flashing a million dollar smile.

"Naw I didn't bring a bathing suit."I said smiling at him.

"Why come to a pool party without a bathing suit?" he said giving me a questioning look.

"I have my reasons." I said winking at him.

"Well your reasons aren't good enough for me."

"And why is that?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"No excuse is ever acceptable. Excuses are for the weak." he said looking me in my eyes.

"Agreed but I wasn't telling you an excuse, I told you a reason." I said blankly.

"Same thing." he said.

"No an excuse is me trying to justify why I do something. A reason is stating why I do something with or with out justification." he just looked at me after I finished my stated. I could tell he was trying to read me. I smiled at him warmly. His face softened a bit but he quickly changed it. I continued to smile as I sat down. "Oh and it's nice to meet u Karter." I said looking up at him.

"How do you know my name?" he asked puzzled. I chuckled at his lack of observation.

"I knew what you looked like before I stepped into you're party. You don't think I was going to come with no knowledge of you and do business? Let alone bring my son? I had you checked out just like you did me. I know whose packing, what they packing, and where their loyalty lies...even the snakes. I know where every gun is in this house. I also know this isn't your home." I said keeping eye contact.

"This is my house." he said honestly.

"I didn't say it wasn't your house, I said it wasn't your home." I stated. He stared at me trying to make it hard for me to read him. Reading people is a hobby of mine and no matter how hard they tried their eyes always gave them away.

"So you're really Lee?" he said hesitantly.

"In the flesh." I said flashing my perfect smile.

"Didn't expect you to be a woman... or beautiful for that matter. " he said quickly looking me up and down.

"Expect the unexpected." He chuckled at my statement. He sat down beside. We discussed business casually. To the others we were just getting to know each other. We wrapped up our business conversation as Aj came stumbling over to me abd laid his head on my lap.

"Are you sleepy baby?" I said stroking his head.

"Yes, I'm so tired. I did way too much today I need to rest." Aj said then exhaling deeply. My son was to much sometimes. I chuckled at his comment as I picked him up as I stood up.

"It was nice talking to you Karter. I'll definitely be in touch." I said turning my attention to him.

"I hope so beautiful." he says standing as well. "Bye lil guy." he said smiling at Aj.

"Bye sir." Aj said waving his small hand at Karter. I smiled at Karter before walking away. When I got outside I saw Aden talking to some white girl. She had long red hair, green eyes, with light freckles on her face. She may have been white but she had a black girl's body. She was incredibly beautiful. I walked to my car and placed a now sleeping Aj in his car seat. Aden was two cars away from me. I walked over to them. When he saw me fear screamed from his eyes.

"I don't mean to interrupt your conversation. I just wanted to let you know I'm taking Aj home because it's getting late and he's tired. You can stay if you want just let me know if you're coming back to the house." I said directly my first statement to the girl and the rest to Aden.

"I can come back to the house with you if you want." he said looking at me.

"You don't have to. You can continue talking to your friend." I said with a smile.

"Hi, I'm Sweets. Are you his sister our something?" She asked smiling at me.

"No I'm the mother of his child." I stated nonchalantly. Her face formed a shocked expression.

"Excuse my expression, but I didn't expect you to act so civil in this situation. " She started honestly.

"Well unlike most baby mamas, I don't have a hidden motive to get with him or make his life miserable because he won't be with me. As long as he's the best father possible, I could care less about what he does and who he does it with. Unless of course if affects my child." I told her.

"Well I respect you for acting like a woman and not a teenage girl." She said nodding her head at me.

"Thank you. Well I'm about to get him home so I'll see though when you get to my house or tomorrow." I said before walking away. I got in my car and started my journey home. Just as I pulled into the driveway my business phone vibrated. I looked at the phone and saw I had a text.

7065436532

Hope u made it home safely beautiful.

Good night and sweets dreams... about me -Karter.

I smiled at the text but didn't reply. This business partnership definitely will be interesting for all those involved.

Author note
Hey does anybody know how to make an awesome book cover? The pic I have now dis the story but it's not what I want. Also I'm trying to update at least two chapters a week. Please vote&&&&&comment. I would love to hear what you guys thing and where you think I should go with this story. Also read my other story Dangerous Thug Love and tell me what you think thanks.