O N E

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

**********************************************************************************************************

I sat in my high school class which turned out to be a study hall, or free period if you will. The school day was nearly over. Life for my family has been rough and stressful. Stressful is the best word for it. My father has been working for a special operations called NEST along with his best friend Epps. Just recently my mother and I thought we had lost him completely in an ambush at their base in Quatar, over seas. The news was saying there was no reported survivors, the base was a total loss. I tried to hold the faith for her, my dad was a fighter. If anyone could fight through something like war, it was him. Strongest man I know. After waiting for so long, we finally received the call. He was okay, alive and safe. He was on his way home but was pulled away for another war in Mission City.

Pulling my blonde hair behind my ears, I placed my earbud in my ear. Sighing softly, I leaned back in my seat beginning to work on my science homework. Jotting down some answers on the paper, the phone rang in the room. I briefly looked up from my work, regaining focus on the sheet in front of me. I continued searching for the next answer. The teacher stood from his seat answering the phone on the wall.

"Yes absolutely, thank you!" He spoke briefly hanging up the phone, "Alright guys, there's an pep assembly happening in a few minutes. So pack up your things and lets head down there."

The entire class quickly put their items in their bags, slinging them on their shoulders. My best friend Dylan caught up next me, bumping his shoulder into mine.

"Hey you, how was your test?" I asked smiling at him.

"Oh yeah, it was super easy! I definitely aced it," He gave me a goofy smile.

"Did you really?" I chuckled, giving him a pointed look.

"Yeah no, I one hundred percent bombed the hell out of it," He sighed.

I laughed as we reached the Gym, walking towards the middle section of the bleachers with Dylan right behind me. Sitting down, Dylan next me, the bleachers filled with numerous excited and bored classmates. The gym was noisy, so many chattering voices.

"Alright alright! Lets all settle down and please rise so we can start off with our national anthem!" The principal spoke loudly to us.

We all stood, placing our hands over hearts looking at the flag on the wall. I sighed softly biting the inside of my lip. Dylan looked at me slightly, noticing my change in moods. As the song ended, the students all sat back down in their seats.

"Now before we begin to prep and pep up all of you guys for the big game tonight. I would like to welcome two very brave men home today. These guys have been fighting over seas in numerous battles. I am sure they are very pleased to be back, so will you please give a warm welcome to Colonel William Lennox and Sergeant Robert Epps!" The principal announced loudly.

Ashley's body froze as her jaw dropped hearing her father's name. The two uniformed men walked in from the side doors into the gym. She dropped her bag next to her friend, springing from her spot.

"Dad!" She yelled out loudly as she ran towards her father.

Jumping into her father's open arms, she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. Tears ran down her face onto her father's uniform. Lennox held his daughter tightly not wanting to let her go so quick.

"I missed you so much babygirl," He mumbled softly as he pulled away from her slowly. He wiped her tears softly with the pads of his thumbs.

"I missed you too," She choked up and hugged him tightly again.

The principal stood, smiling at the reunion of the two family members. "Welcome home soldiers."

"Thank you," The two mused and smiled.

The group walked off towards the side of the gym, allowing the pep assembly to continue. Ashley quickly ran up to grab her bag from her friend who smiled at her. Making her way back to her dad's side, they walked out of the gym.

"Okay, c'mon give me some sugar too," Epps held his arms out for the girl to give him a hug as well. She laughed wiping her eyes before giving him a hug.

"Im so glad you guys are back home," She stated sadly.

"Me too, me too. Im glad to be back home with you guys again," Lennox smiled at his daughter, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

They walked out of the building, greeted by a large black truck. GMC Topkick.

Ashley stared at the truck in awe, "Where'd you get a new truck?"

"Perks of being in the Army." Lennox chuckled.

***********************************************************************************************

EDITED.

Finally going through at re writing this whole story! I was so young when I began writing this, its kind of embarrassing! LMAO.