◆00◆ Without a trace

Imagine yourself waking up and unable to see a thing. Imagine waking up unable to see a thing and all of your memories disappeared without a trace. 

"W-where...? Ah..." She couldn't remember a thing. What happened? Where was she? She felt around her and she grabbed the sheets close to her, unable to recall a thing. She touched her head in panic...was she blind?! 

She heard the sound of the door opening and she quickly pretend to sleep. She needed to be very careful since she couldn't see a thing- "Ahhh!!!" She screamed and lashed out at the person who had just touched her cheek with their very warm hand. 

"Ouch! Hey!" The sound of a male's voice. Who was this? Why did his voice sound ever so familiar? "Wait!" 

"Don't touch me!" She was hitting him with everything she had. She's not going down without a fight- 

"Calm down...! Calm down!" 

"Huh...?" His voice...he sounded so familiar. She calmed down a little and she reached a hand out to touch the source of the voice. She touched something very soft to the feel, was she touching his hair? She felt a headband on his head. "...Toma?" 

She couldn't see his face but from the sound of his gasp, he sounded really happy that she recognized him somehow. She felt his very warm hand touch her cheek. 

"You..." 

"Toma..."

"You're right, it's me. Toma." His voice shook. Was he crying? He ran his fingers through her hair gently, not wanting to hurt her. He gently hugged her, crying into her neck. "I thought you wouldn't wake up ever again...!"  

Her heart hurts hearing him cry. She gently pat his head and she began to wonder why she could remember his name but not her own name. People usually have a strong sense of self, right? Even if the memories weren't in the mind, it should still exist in the body, right? She wondered why Toma was so important that she could remember him right away. 

"I'm so glad you're okay. If you're gone, I..." His hand stayed at her cheek. She gently leaned against his hand, tiredly sighing. "Are you tired? Can I get the doctor?" 

"Hm. Toma, I...I can't remember anything but your name and voice. Why? I can't...m-my name! I...!" 

"Shh, it's okay. At least you remember something. Remembering something is better than nothing." He assured her. "I need to tell the doctor. Before that, do you want to tell me anything?" 

She nodded, "I can't remember anything. I can only remember your name and your voice...and maybe your appearance.

"You..." 

She felt like crying for some reason. She touched the bandages around her eyes, "Toma, am I blind?" 

He gently lay her back down on the bed. "You're not blind. You were involved in an accident and you were saved. I think something happened in between and you suffered trauma to the head." 

"I see..." 

"...Michiyo." He suddenly said as he sat back down on the chair.

"Huh?" 

"Listen carefully, your name is Sen Michiyo, you're 18 this year." 

"Sen Michiyo..." Her name. It's her name! She touched her heart, feeling a little at ease again. "Toma, thank you." 

"It feels weird having you call me Toma." 

"Eh?" 

"You usually call me 'Toma-oniichan'. It feels like you're putting distance on me when you call me without that in the end."