◆10◆ Break me and then pick up my pieces

He used a tiny key and he released the handcuff that trapped one of her hand. Ranfa was very still, tears were dry, and she was still disheveled from what had happened. She couldn't accept it. She couldn't accept the person she cared about the most had just done such a thing to her. She looked down to see Toma was cleaning things up. 

Why did she call his name? He wondered if she had finally snapped to the point she no longer knew he was a danger to her. Toma chose to ignore her. Toma wrapped the condom up and he threw it in a trash bag that he will dispose of in a bit. 

Ranfa struggled because of the pain, but she did her best to sit up. She leaned against the wall, staying there and stare at the blood that stained the sheets. She was crying because this wasn't how she pictured her first time to be with Toma. She tiredly close her eyes, wishing to forget but she couldn't. She wished this amnesia will just erase this pain in her heart. If remembering everything will lead to this result, she would have wished to not remember a single thing. She should have just lived as Michiyo and live happily with Toma...if living a lie will lead them to a happier ending, she'd happily forget about being Ranfa. 

Toma returned from running the bath for her. He then picked up her diary and he threw it onto the bed. He didn't want to know what was in it, he didn't want to see her writing about how much she loved Ikki despite the harassment she had to face. He could do a million things for her and still not have her heart. So he took it by force. 

"Why don't you write about Ikki-san some more. Ah, I wonder what he will say when you're no longer pure for him." 

Ranfa said nothing. She picked up her diary and hugged it close to her heart. She cried in silence as the heart continued to shatter. She weakly looked at him and handed her diary to him. At the very least...she wanted him to know of her feelings. She wanted him to know what had been in her mind this whole time.

Toma gritted his teeth and slapped the diary away. "Don't show it to me! I don't want to know!" He forced her to get away from the bed, making her go to the bathroom. "Go and clean yourself up. We're going home after this." 

Ranfa nodded and she closed the door without locking it once she entered it. 

Ranfa removed her clothes and she sat in the bathtub. She picked up the sponge and she collected the foams close to her. When she closed her eyes, tears continued to flow and it dripped onto the water and rippled away.

"Toma..." She always thought no one in this world will be able to hurt her. It turned out the one person who could hurt her the most was the person she treasured so much. It was as if those happy memories were nothing but a lie, existing to sting her with mockery. 

Outside of the bathroom, Toma was sitting on the bed, thinking about what he had done. He decided to satisfy his own needs but why? Why was it that his own heart was breaking apart too? Ranfa's always like this, she's the one girl who could make his day bright or gray in a matter of moments. 

He looked at the diary that just sat on her bed. He picked it up and he opened it in the very end. He said he didn't want to see it, but he still went ahead to see it with his own eyes. He wanted to see just how much this girl loved Ikki. 

Ranfa felt like dying. It was so hard to breathe. It was so hard to focus. 

"Michiyo..." But she couldn't die. She couldn't resort to dying because she still had no idea where her little sister was. Until she knew where her sister was, she couldn't go just yet. She might be dead...if she died now, she could go to her. Right, until the day she confirmed of her sister's whereabouts, she won't die until then. She had decided to bear this great pain, shoulder it, and carry it with her to another tomorrow. There will one day be a tomorrow where she will be reunited with her sister.