◆03◆ Flower in the fog

Michiyo was hugging a plushie as she slept. She was dreaming that Toma was treating her to chocolate cake. "Hmm...I can't eat another bite~." She was having a wonderful dream, a dream where he was feeding her cake because he said today was a special day.

However, her very sweet dream was smashed apart with loud knocks at the door. She woke up immediately because there was a voice at the door that did not belong to Toma. Whose voice was it? Unlike Toma's voice, this voice brought no trigger to her memory whatsoever. 

Confused and curious, she went to check the small hole of the door to see the face of the person knocking her door. She looked through the hole to see a red eye staring back into her. 

"Michiyo! Michiyo, open the door!" 

Of course she's not going to open the door for him! He's crazy! How does he know her name?! Michiyo felt confused and she took the house phone with her. She closed the door to that lead to the living room and bedroom, pressing her back against it as she dialed for Toma's number. 

Toma was brushing his teeth, preparing for bed. He had just arrived home so he was not changed into his pajamas yet. He wondered what he should do tomorrow with Michiyo. He had already looked at what kind of phones would be suitable for her so he could look knowledgeable for her when tomorrow came. 

"Hn?" He heard a soft vibration from the side. 'Crap I forgot to put it on charge.' He still picked up the call, "Michiyo, you'll look like a panda if you don't sleep-" 

--Toma-oniichan, help me!-- The call of his name for help made him drop the toothbrush into the sink. 

"Michiyo?!" Toma listened carefully to the noise in the background. He could hear banging noises, someone was trying to get into her apartment! But who?! 

Shin had forgotten that he didn't need to knock on any further. He searched turned the mat over and he smiled when he saw another apartment key taped onto the back of the mat. "Seriously, you're so obvious..." He took the apartment key and he opened the door. 

Once he was in, he could see a shadow standing behind the door to the living room and bedroom. 

"Michiyo!" 

Toma's phone finally died. He immediately wiped his mouth from the toothpaste's foam and he rushed out of his apartment. He just heard a voice that was also familiar to him! 

Michiyo tried to redial the number but there was a voice telling her that the number was unreachable as of now due to the possibilities of lack of service or the phone being switched off. 

"Uwah!" Michiyo nearly fell forward but she rested her weight against the door. 

"Michiyo, open this door!" 

"No!" 

Shin stood still for a moment when he heard the voice that was all too familiar to him. "Michiyo..." He rest his forehead against the door because he could finally hear her voice again. He thought there wouldn't be a chance for him to hear her voice again. "Open the door, you idiot. You disappeared for a whole month and now you're still playing hide and seek?!" 

Michiyo could hear the pain in his voice. Was he someone she was supposed to know as well? 

"W-who are you?" Michiyo opened the door very slightly from where she sat. 

Shin looked down between the gaps to see her hesitant about opening the door for him fully. "Why? Why did you say that? It's me, you idiot."

But Michiyo did not respond to him like she did with Toma. His voice and appearance struck no trigger. To her, he was a stranger.