◆11◆ After Season Part 1

Toma couldn't sleep and neither could Ranfa. After what had happened between them, they came back to his place and tried to forget about everything. It was hard to sleep; when he tried to sleep, he will see Ranfa's suffering face. And when Ranfa tried to sleep, she will see the coldness in Toma's eyes. Even so, they both wanted to come at a point where they could be there for one another and give everything one last chance.

 Ranfa was sleeping on the floor and Toma was sleeping inside of the cage. Because Toma was much bigger than she was, he needed to sleep in what looked like a fetal position. 

"What's wrong?" He whispered, "You can't sleep?" 

Ranfa looked at him and she shook her head. She tiredly reached a hand into the cage and she touched his cheek. 

Upon her touch, Toma closed his eyes. "You're warm." 

"Why are you sleeping inside the cage?" She asked him. 

"Because this is where I put you. I put you in here because I don't want the truth to hurt you. Even if you hate me, I can still protect you." Toma opened his eyes again, he was tearing up once again. "It's ironic. I was trying to protect you, but somehow I ended up being the one to hurt you the most. In the end, you even called out for me to help you. You're so stupid, Ranfa, you're really stupid..." 

"I really am stupid. You still remember it's you the one who help me study?" 

"Haha, you always fail English even though I helped you study so hard for it..." Toma put his hand overs hers, "You still remember how you passed in the very end?" 

"When you threatened you won't take me to Hawaii with you." Ranfa moved herself closer to the cage from the outside. The only thing separating each other from a loving and warm embrace were the bars of the cage. "Will you...tell me the truth now?"

Toma slowly shook his head in refusal. "Anything but that." 

Ranfa looked upset for a moment, but she felt him reach a hand out and touch her cheek. She looked at Toma to see a determined look on his face. 

"I won't tell you the truth. I just can't bring myself to do that because I know you will die on the inside. I'll guide you instead."

"You'll guide me to the answers?" 

"Everything that I am trying to hide from you...I'll let you figure me out all by yourself." 

Ranfa nodded and she finally closed her eyes. "Make me breakfast when I wake up. I'll be very hungry." 

"Ah. I promise you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranfa woke up to find herself on Toma's bed. How did she end up on it? Did Toma pick her up and put her back on it? She didn't want to sleep on the comfortable bed when he's uncomfortable in the cage. 

"Toma..." She looked for him but he was not in sight. She opened the bathroom door to see nothing. She went into the study to see no one. "Toma...?" She opened the curtains to the balcony and saw it was empty as well. She ran over to the house phone and tried to call his number only to hear it was off. "He couldn't have...!"

Ranfa's heart began to race in panic; was he planning to ultimately erase himself from her life? Was he planning to shoulder everything by himself and turn himself in? But she wanted him to have happiness with her! "Toma...!" She banged against the metal door, feeling helpless she couldn't do a thing. She began to cry because happiness was slipping away from her very palms yet again.