Chapter 5

Haliey

I wake up to see it's 2:00 pm. Wow I stayed for a long time. I got up, put on some shoes and jacket. I need Starbucks. I walk down the street to Starbucks in a shirt, grey jacket, and pajama pants. Look I might be ghetto but I need my coffee. I walk into Starbucks and ordered a chocolate chip muffin and a venti Caramel Frappuccino. I sit down and listen to Changes by Dej Loaf. I decided to walk to Central Park to enjoy the scenery. I walk for about an hour then I see an adorable Golden retriever running towards me. It tackles me making me fall on my back with laughter. It starts to lick me.

"Oh my gosh I'm soo sorry I don't know what came over him" a deep English accent.I look up to see green eyes. He offers a hand and pulls me up.
"It's ok I like animals. What's her name?"
"Phoebe"
"Well hello Phoebe" I said ruffling het fur.
"So why are you wearing that?"
I look down at my clothing.
"Oh so you know that craving you get for coffee and you don't care what you're wearing or don't care about anything around you?"
He nodded.
"Yeah that's what basically happened"
"I probably look like a bum" I said looking at the ground.
"No you don't you look beautiful"
I smile, while he moves a piece of my hair behind my ear, I start to blush.
"You're too flirty..."
"Parker, Ace Parker"
"Well Ace I will see around" I start to walk away
"Wait let me get your number"
I gave him my number and went home.

By the time I got home it was 4:50 pm. I look on my bed to see 2 ball gowns, 2 pair of heels and a note.

Hey babygirl I got you a few dresses for you hope you like them -Neal

I smile and went to take a shower.
When I got dried off I debated on which dress. There was a black dress that was long and silky, with a slit, and waist band was designed with sequins and rhinestones. The second one was a long, royal blue dress with a V shaped cut in the middle.
"Wow this must have been very expensive" I chose the black dress and it slipped on perfectly. I looked at the heels and I choose the black ones. I look in the mirror to see a stranger. Wow I look good. I put on some makeup and of course lipgloss.

I check the time to see it's 5:59 pm.
When it exactly hits 6:00 pm the doorbell rings. I grab my bag and open the door.
"Hey" he says in a raspy tone
"Hi" I say with a bright smile.
"Are you ready?"
"Yes"
We walk to his black BMW.
"I thought you had a white Lamborghini?"
"I have multiple cars"
"Oh"
He opens the door and I go in. The car ride was silent. Awkward silent. I decided to play some music on my phone. He handed me the aux cord and I played "Shut up and dance with Me" by Walk the Moon. I sung the song and danced in my seat a little in my seat. Neal just laughed at my corkiness.

When we finally made it to the event it' was 6:30. There was paparazzi, news reporters, and journalists everywhere. We walk into the ballroom with confidence. I soon realized this event was a auction. Soon the auction began and I'm (one of 5 women) of the contestants.
"Hello ladies and gentlemen let me please introduce you to Andy Coen!"
The crowd cheers including me.

"Well hello everyone and I will be your host tonight. Now I'm going to introduce a few young ladies here we are going to auction for a date with the highest bidder. Our first guest is Haliey Scott!" He says while I walk onto the stage with a big smile.
"Now do I have 1,000 dollars"
"Here" a man said
"Ok do we have 2,000 dollars?"
"Right here" I look to see Neal smirking
I roll my eyes.
"3,000 dollars?"
"Me" I look to see...
Ace?
"10,000 dollars" Neal said scolding at Ace.
"20,000"
"50,000"
"100,000 dollars"
Everyone gasps including me. I mean who would want widdle ol' me.
"Going once, going twice, sold! Come up and collect your prize!"
Ace walked up to me and picked me up bridal style and walked us outside the ballroom towards a hallway.

He places me on my feet then pecks me on the lips. I looked at him wide eyed.
"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I shouldn't have done tha-" I interrupted him by kissing him. He was surprised but quickly recovered and kissed me back. Our lips moved in a passionate formation. He tilted my head to deepen the kiss. We stopped to catch our breath.
"I'm sorry I don't know what came over me"
"It's ok"
"We just met"
"I know how bout I take you on that date on Monday?"
"Yes! Oh I mean sure you did pay all that money for widdle ol' me"
He laughs
"Yes. Yes I did" he said with his deep english voice. I blushed.
"Ok let's get back out there before people start to wonder" I said teasingly.
"Oooh there is something going on" he said laughing.