Chapter 10

Haliey

After the whole...how I can say...um..."confrontation" I kept quiet and ignored them all day.

I'll see if I have other options for jobs then, I'll quit. You probably think I'm being a bit too rash but I don't care he's pushed me to my limit.

I wake up and ate my food in silence, while they look awkwardly at me.

"So are you going fishing with us today?" Neal asked breaking the silence I really enjoyed.
I glared at him.
"What do you think? I'm not going" I said still eating my food.
"But-
I looked up at him with a death stare.

Ace shut his mouth fast.

I got up and went into my tent. I am sooo glad I brought a few books and a Walkman I had brought a few years ago. I got my book, got comfortable, and chillin listening to music reading.

After 2 hours I fall asleep.

******

I wake up and decided to cook dinner. I started the fire and roasted a few hot dogs. After 30 minutes I hear footsteps.

I turn around to see Ace holding fish.
He had a bruise on his face and no emotion. I instantly get up and grab his face.

"What happened?"

"We had a altercation" he said moving his jaw.

"Ok come on I saw some ice in the cooler"
I walk to the cooler and get a ice pack. When I come back Ace is sitting down touching his jaw. I place the ice pack on his jaw. He hissed in pain as I held the ice pack on his jaw. Our eyes meet, his eyes held desire and lust.

"I'm sorry" he said lowly.

"It's ok. At least now you know why I wouldn't want you to meet my adoptive parents" I laughed.

"Oh so they weren't your biological parents?"

"Yeah all I know is that my mom had me but she couldn't care for me because she was 16 or 17" I said looking at the ground.

"I asked my adoptive parents questions about them but they didn't know them ether" I continued.

"I wish I could've protected me" I said my voice breaking and bloody tears falling down.

Ace puts down his ice pack, wraps his arms around me and holds me. I cried into his shirt.

"It's ok" Ace said holding me like a fragile glass. His voice was so calm and peaceful. I stopped crying but we stayed in that position for some time.

*******
Hello pretty people!
Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Word count 423