[ Chapter 16 ]

*don't play song*

Y/N's pov.

I'm still in the hospital, I'm sitting down doing homework, Max got the principal to give it to me while I'm resting and stuff. I also come up on an idea of singing for the school, i actually come up with something that was in my mind, since today is parents day, whoever died during the shooting, their parents can hear this.

Max already know about this also the principal, she said that it was fine for her and the school, I'm going to be out in 30 minutes, I'm just finishing up the last verse of the song and done.

After that i pack all my stuff with mom helping me, then a sharp pain was on my chest, mom noticed it.

" another one? " she asked, i nodded and take deep breathes.

She gave me a water of bottle, i took a sip and gave it back to her. When we were done, we drove to school. I see everyone was gathered around the gym with their parents, and parents that had their daughter or son killed.

Max doesn't know about this, so it's a surprise for him too, i went behind the back door, i see them all sitting on the chairs, some of the parents are still crying, well here we go. I stepped out and i see Max's face lit up.

" hi everyone, i know you all are wondering why your here " i said.

" first off, i wanna say thank you to principal Layla for letting me to do this " i continued.

" second if all, i just wanna say I'm sorry for the parents who had lost their child or loved ones as whatever you called it " i said.

" since today is parents day, and i know you all felt lonely that their not there " i continued.

" so I've come here to sing a song, it's an original song that i wrote while i was still in the hospital healing " i said.

" it's nothing good, it's just something i wrote " i said.

I sat on the chair near the piano and put the mic on the holder. I started to play and sing.

Song : Other Side Of The Screen
By : Emily Scolz

I've been here day in, day out
Never spoken out loud
What I never knew
Is that you would be here too

So I took my short steps
And I breathed my deep breaths
I did it 'cause of you
'Cause you would see me through

Did I make it clear, that I love you
From the other side of the screen?
Did I try enough, to convince you
Of what I really mean?
But now I see,
You all are here
For me

How did things turn out this way?
I'm living my dream each day
Giving what I can
And learning who I am

Now I look around me
And friends are all that I see
And everywhere I go
I hope that my heart shows

Did I say enough, that I love you
From the other side of the screen
And do I seem sincere, when I thank you
'Cause I mean just what I mean
But now I see,
You all are here

Now I see
You all are really here, yeah

Now I see
You all are here
With me

I've been here day in, day out
Said "I love you" out loud
What I never knew
Is that you would be here, too

" thank you " i said, they give me an applause then i pass the mic to principal Layla.