Chapter 5 [Sometimes the right thing is the wrong thing]

Herc's POV
I decide to do the right thing and give him the receipt back.
"Hey Lafayette looks like you got a admirer."
"Oh,who." He questioned me with a shocked smile on his face with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.
"That cashier girl from the store."I tell him while pointing out the number not the paper.

"Oh...Wow!" He said a bit hesitant with I think fake enthusiasm and the gleam of hope faded away.
I wonder did he expect me to name someone else? Probably not.
"You don't sound all that exited this is huge your first day here and girls are already tryna date you! That's pretty impressive."
"Yea I guess, but she just seems a bit...how you say, out of my league."

"What! Now way if anything your out of her league. Don't forget she gave her number to you so don't be afraid of her not liking you."
"Hmm I guess your right mom ami."
The rest of the walk back to the dorm was silent.

We arrived back at the dorm. I carefully placed the armful of bags on the floor and unlocked the door. I carefully pick up the bags then turn the knob and push the door slightly open to where its open but you can't see the inside of the dorm. I step back and kick open the door and yell at the top of my lungs, "WAZZUP HOMO'S!!!" This scared Lafayette and cause Alex to fall off of Johns lap while he laughed hysterically at his pain.

"HERCULES YOU ASSHOLE!" Alex growled at me.
"Hehehe love ya too, and quiet down before we noise complaints."

"You literally kicked open the door and started shouting at the top of your lungs and your telling ME to be quiet!"
John stepped in hugging Alex trying to restrain him, rocking him back and forth and stroking his hair. "Shhh Shhh Shh. Its ok Alex I know I know. The bad man is gonna be quiet now. Right." He glared right at me.
"Fine." I groaned as I put away the groceries.
"Good, now what did you get." John asked us."
"Oh, you know just some snacks,hygienic supplies, and..(dramatic pause)..a phone number." I said.

The two gasped and started to pry for answers to their questions.
"Omg, congrats Herc!" Alex said while punching my arm.
"Umm not me, this guy over here." I said pointing to Lafayette.
They both gasped simultaneously again then started bombarding him with questions.
"OooOooOoo, so who's the lucky guy, gal, or non-bianary pal?" John said leaning against the counter. "Are they cute?" Alex questioned him.
"When is your first date?" John asked.
"Quand vas-tu baiser?" Alex said wiggling his eyebrows causing the Frenchman to blush intensely.

"Ok ok back away from the French bread let him breathe." I say pulling them away from him.
Lafayette took a breath collecting himself before speaking,
"Her name is Adrienne-"
"Oh he likes girls." John whispered under his breath in a disappointed tone.
"I think she's beautiful but she seems out of my league though. We haven't planned a date, I actually haven't even called the number. And I'm not going to answer that question Alex." Lafayette glared at Alex at that last part.
"So are you gonna call her."Alex asked
l"I don't know yet." Lafayette answered.
"Well when or if you do let us know." John said.
"Ok I will. I'm going to bed now goodnight mes amies." Laf said before walking away. Before he could make it to his room I pulled him aside. We were standing pretty close our faces inches apart.
"To help ease your conscience let me just offer you some advice. When it comes to situations like this do not throw away your shot." He simply just smiled and nodded and went into his room.
"That's a pretty selfless thing ya did there Herc." I turn around to see John and Alex standing the doorway.
"I don't know what your talking about." I declared. "Your lying you know exactly what we're talking about." Alex said. Dang am I that obvious. I'm not going to argue with them tonight so I'll just surrender. "Fine your right I do know. I didn't want to just take away his chance at love what kind of friend- no person would I be if I didn't encourage him to call her."
"Well you did the right thing Herc." John said and patted my back. Alex nodded in agreement and they walked back to their rooms.
I heard one of them say somthing like "I knew we should have went with them." As they walked away.
I too walked to my room and laid in my bed with only one question on my mind.
Did I do the right thing?

A/N
I just want to thank everyone for reading and voting for my written garbage, it really means a lot to me. We reached over 100 reads in like a month and I just find that amazing.
Just so you know I try releasing chapter's on a weekly basis so you don't have to worry about the next time I'll be uploading. Also Happy Birthday to the amazing Johnathan Groff🎂