"Tell 'Em That it's my Birthday"

Dedication:My Cat.

Aurora I

❄️❄️❄️

I suppose I should start with some amazing thing. Maybe running for my life, or, like, jumping off a cliff. But... well it doesn't always start out that way.

Because, really, it started when I sat down to eat normal cereal, on a -almost- normal day.

Good luck trying to keep up.

~

"Somebody looks stressed."

"What gave it away? The coffee mug or the dark circles?" My dad pointed dramatically at his face.

"I think it's the fact you haven't given me my birthday present yet." I grinned smugly at him.

But he beamed right back. "That, Aurora, is a matter I have thought long and hard about. Which is why I'm going to pick it up after school." He ruffled my hair. "It may or may not depend on your final grade."

"Why!" I complained.

"No whining." He declared. "You're not five anymore."

I slumped in my chair. "Hmph, see if I care. So... How's the presentation going?"

"You know how much I hate my job."

"It passes my requirements." Which is money.

He gave me a pointed look. "You try dealing with immature adults. Oh better yet, try teaching them."

I made a face. He laughed.

"It snowed." I spun the spoon around in the bowl trying to get the last pieces.

I watched it last night. The snow was barely anything. I actually had wished it wouldn't snow too hard. I had spent my whole day studying for my final. If I didn't get to go to school, that would have all been in vain.

Surprisingly, it had stopped snowing just as I closed my eyes.

I turned my attention back to my dad, who looked out the window, gazing dreamily, something beautiful glowing in his eyes. But they also held a deep sadness, like somebody who had lost something- someone- that could never be found again. "I know," he said softly, and somewhat wistfully.

I stole a look out the window too. A yellow vehicle was just turning down into the street. "The bus!" I jumped out of my chair. I leaned in and kissed my dad's cheek. "Bye! I'm counting on that gift when I come home." He chuckled and shook his head.

"Bye Aurora."

-.-.-.-.-.-

So basically.

I rode the bus to school everyday, with my best friend.

Quick introduction of the best best-friend in the world. His name is Jake Monroe, he has dark brown hair, tanned skin, and big brown eyes. He's not the best looking guy in the world, but his eyes make you want to melt into them. Warm. Like a fire.

Down the street a red convertible pulled out of its driveway.

Stephanie Anderson. Her brown hair was arranged in a set of complicated curls. Even from a distance, I could feel her cold blue eyes. She smirked at me, or maybe just smiled. Nope it was probably a smirk she's evil... It was her sixteenth birthday too. Well it was tomorrow, but she apparently was too special for one day. Her birthday lasted the whole week.

She got presents for each day. And by the looks of it, she had just received a car.

Just my luck