Getting Casted

"Hi, my name is Liana Kelly and I will be trying out for the roll of Storm." I say, my faded brown hair getting in my face. I blink and start...

[after]

"Liana! Come for dinner!" My step mom calls, I see her standing in the doorway of the kitchen staring up into my room. I nod to her, motioning 'I'm coming' and I head downstairs. I squeeze by her and go straight to the table. Food was in platters on the kitchen table, I reach over the table to grab some salad and I place it on my plate. My dad joins me, with my step mom following. Her golden hair tied up in a messy bun.

"What were you doing upstairs?" My step mom asks. Her green eyes searching my gray eye and blue eye. I self consciously look away, I have never liked when people look into my eyes, they either tease me or laugh.

"My agent sent me the script for Storm in Stranger Things, so I tried out," I say, digging into my food and taking a bite. I look up to see her still staring at me.

"Okay, nice, and how do you expect one of us to get you there?" She asked, her voice going a bit snarky as if just thinking about that would be tiring.

"If I get the role as Storm, the Duffer brothers will pay for my hotels, flights, food, literally everything." I say between bites of my salad. As I finished it, I reach over the table and grab broccoli.

"Wait, you said the Duffer brothers?" My dad looks up, his eyebrows kinked a bit. I nod. "Have you not heard about them? They have verbally abused women!" My dad says, putting down his fork.

"Well, I'll call you if anything happens, also, we don't know for sure if I'm getting the role. I find out in two weeks." I say, biting into the broccoli.

"What about school?" My step mom asks, her green eyes narrowing. She starts to eat steak. I scrunch up my nose in the thought of it being an animal.

"I will do online school, my agent told me about some pretty good ones." I finish my food and get up, placing my plate in the sink, I turn the water on and start to wash it. After a minute I dry it and put it away. "I'll be in my room." I say, heading out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I close my door and head to my computer.

I click 'Mail' and start to email my agent. I press send and I close my laptop. I grab my phone that was charging beside my bed and lay down. I look on my instagram and click my icon. It sends me to a photo screen and I slide my finger until it says 'live'. I press it and it starts up.

I sit up in my bed and puts it on my nightstand. 100 people have already joined. They only know me for my acting, but some of them are hate. They like to hate on me because of my eyes, and because my mom isn't here. People start to ask me questions. Most of it is 'please go live with me! It would be my dream!' And stuff like that.

"Who ever guesses my favourite character in Stranger Things is who is going live with me." I say, as soon as I say that, my live is filled with comments.

"Dustin!" "Mike!" "Eleven!" "Max!" "Lucas!" "Nancy!" "Jonathan!" "Will!" "Joyce!" Finally someone said "Steve!" I click their name and press "request to go live" it loads and the person comes onto the screen. 

"Oh my god! Ahh, I can't believe it!" The person screams. I laugh. "Thank you!"

"No problem!" I say, smiling that someone appreciates me.

"I seriously love you. I also really love your eyes. I feel that you would be an amazing Storm in Stranger Things." The person says. I laugh again, and smile even more. Someone likes my eyes!

"What's your name?" I ask them.

"My name is Sarah," She replies.

"I love that name." I say, grabbing an elastic from a drawer and pulling my hair back into a messy bun.

"I love your name," Sarah says back to me. My smile gets bigger. "How old are you?" Sarah asks.

"I'm 14," I reply, "I'm turning 15 in two weeks though."

"So, your birthday is when...?" Sarah laughs.

"November 14," I laugh with her. "Well it was nice meeting you, and talking with you."

"Bye!" Sarah says and her image disappears from the screen.

[later]

I was lying in bed when I notice I got a dm. I click it and it shows that 'finnwolfhardofficial' has dmed me. I almost scream. I open it.

"Hi, I know, wow, Finn is texting me but I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to meet up, I was thinking ******?"

I reply with "uh, sure. But why though?"

I wait five minutes and he replies with "Matt and Ross told us to meet up with the person who's going to be playing Storm."

I frown and say. "Wait, so that means...? I just sent it not even two hours ago."

He says this back "and everything was due today an hour ago."

I sigh with relief, at least I sent then. "What day?"

"I was thinking friday, since its a pro d day?"

"Sure," I say. "Is everyone else going to be there?"

"No, just me. Don't want to show too much attention in one place." Finn says. "Also. I have to go. Bye. See you then, meet me ***** at 10:36 no later."

10:36, thats a specific time. I think. I get out of my cloths and I get into my pjs:

 I get out of my cloths and I get into my pjs:

I curl up in my bed and go to snapchat. My public one. There was so many snaps. I don't open them but I log out adn go to my private one. I send streaks and turn my phone off, putting it on a shelf next to my door. I turn the light off and turn on my light next to my bed. I grab my book and start to read.

[10 mins later]

A knock came from my door and I look up. My dad pokes his head in. He smiles at me. "Hey, goodnight." He says.

"Goodnight," I say back to him. He closes the door but then reopens it.

"So, your agent contacted me," he starts to say. "She said you got the part as Storm, but you just sent it to them three hours ago."

"I know, I was talking to Finn and he says it was due two hours ago, well technically when he said it 'an hour ago'" I look back up at my dad. His very dark brown hair slicked sideways, his dark hazel eyes looking into my mismatched ones.

"Okay, goodnight." he says, closing the door.

"Goodnight," I say again, closing my book and turning out my light. My eyes begin to grow heavy and before I know it, I was passed out.