Filming

Waiting for the costume designers to get to set is taking forever. Everyone arrived at 5:35 AM, and right now it's 6:15 AM and they aren't here yet.

"Yoooo, where are they!?" Sadie groaned, "They are NEVER late, what the fuckkk!" Sadie was sitting across from me, her feet propped up on a coffee table, we were both sitting on couches, I have Finn beside me. No one knows about the kiss yet but we aren't going to tell anyone for some time, just to make sure our feelings are right and our minds aren't tricking our hearts. Caleb was sitting next to Sadie, his arm draped over her shoulder. They may not be dating, but their relationship is strong. Millie was going through the fridge looking for food or a drink while Noah was at the table in the kitchen area, eating a pizza.

"Why are they taking so long? If I knew that they were going to be late, I would have shown up late myself!" Gaten laughed from where he was laying on his stomach on the floor. His eyes kept darting down to his phone as if waiting for a reply on something. Two seconds later, something popped up onto his screen and he quickly moved his phone out of sight.

Something creaked behind me and we all turn our heads. Priah walks in through the door. "They are here!" She exclaimes. "Lets go, gather all of your stuff because we have to go to set and then get into our costumes." Everyone bounces to their feet and grab their things. We hustle out the door and get into the van. We get driven to set and we quickly run to the make-up and costume tent.

We get make-up done and then costume. After 15 minutes, Millie, Finn, and Gaten had all of their stuff done. Two minutes later Priah, Caleb and Sadie, because they were finished, they were forced to the set and wait. Charlie, Natalia, Joe, Dacre and Maya already had their costume and make-up done and were already on set. Noah quickly gets his stuff together and then is shooed to set. I wait for the make-up artists to finish up their stuff and then I get into costume. I was rushed out to set and I run. Everyone was there and waiting.

"So, our first scene we have to film is when Eleven and Nine sit down and talk." Shawn exclaimes, and he motions me to come closer. "Okay, Liana, after you see that Millie puts down that picture, I want you to slowly walk in and stop, don't do anything, just watch her until she starts talking, then sit down. Got that?" Shawn asks. I nod my head. "Alright, you will start," Shawn takes me over the door frame, "when you watch her, lean against the couch, so it doesn't look awkward, or do whatever doesn't make you feel awkward." I nod again and he leaves me.

"Quiet on set!" Someone yells. "Action!"

Millie slowly reaches over for a picture frame, it is covered in dust and she blows onto it, letting the dust fly everywhere. She looks at it, her fingers brushing along the frame, and then onto the actual picture part, she hesitantly sets it down. Shawn motions for me to go. I walk up to her, my feet lightly stepping down onto the creaking wood flooring. I lean again the chair beside Millie.

"You know, once I found out that Hopper was going to be my dad," I slowly sit down, cross-legged. "I didn't know what to think, it took me some time to get used to having a father figure in my life," She stuttered to words to make into the character she was playing. "I was thinking that... that he was going to be like..." her voice breaks.

"Papa?" I slowly move my eyes off the picture and to her, our eyes meet and she nods.

"And cut!" Shawn calls. "Okay girls, that was good, but Millie, put more... hm.. stutter..? ... into the middle of your words, because you're just stuttering at the beginning or the end of the word. And Liana, make sure you walk in more slowly. Restart positions!"

I move back to the door frame. The crew re-positioned the lighting and they placed dust back onto the frame. They move the camera to a different perspective.

"Quiet on set!" The same guy yelled. "And action!"

Millie reaches for the picture frame again, her finger leaving prints on it as she moves it to her face and she blows onto it, the dust goes everywhere and she coughs a bit, her finger wipes the picture. And she sets it down. I walk in slowly and lean against the couch. My eyes stare at the picture, out of the corner of my eye, I can see Millie look up at me. "You know, once I found out that Hopper was going," I slowly sit down into a cross-legged sit. "To be my dad, I didn't know what to think, it took me some time to get used to having a father figure in my life. I... I was thi..inking that he was... he was gonna be like..." she breaks off, as if she is unworthy of saying the name.

"Papa?" I move my gaze from the picture to her brown eyes, she nods and slowly shuffles.

"It's.. it's hard." Millie sighed, I move towards her and comfort her with a little hug.

"Everything will be alright. Okay? We have each other to keep us in check, together our power can become something that no one can mess with, we can contain each other, and anyways... pa... papa is dead." I pick up a book filled with photographs.

"No," Millie said quietly, she looked at me and then quickly got up and walked away. The camera moved closer to me as I watched her leave, my eyes go back to the book of photographs and I open it. My fingers strum the outside of the papers and I flip through it. I stop on a picture of many girls with shaved heads, and "Papa" standing in the back.

"And cut!" Shawn called, the a re-position all the stuff again. "okay girls, that was amazing.

[1 hour later]

We finally finished with the scene of Millie and I and now it was time to go to another part of the set to film another part.

[continued in next chapter]