Ben-Versation

Back at the office, Rain tried to sit up straight, but the harsh criticism had dented her ego. While she voiced her report about Graham, her mind spun around the botched conversation. She wanted to review her session now, but with Sasha around, it was a risk. She didn't want to waste company time for mistakes she had committed.

Rain made a mental note: watch the footage and take it apart. Look out for Graham's trickster moves and learn his answers by heart. She needed to be better than him. Needed to show Sasha and the department that she was the most hardworking special advisor to Crowd.

For now, she worked on her report.

Once every while, Sasha threw her a quick glance from his desk before diving into whatever he was working on right now.

Perhaps penning a report about her case?

Damn paranoia.

A new update landed in Rain's inbox. It came from the real estate agent she had desperately tried to reach over the past weeks. Rain's fingers shivered when she welcomed the message.

"Your smart house sighting is tomorrow at eight thirty am."

Yes.

Finally.

Rain crossed her fingers. She could finally leave her friend's place without having to return to the dorms.

"Good news?" Sasha said from his desk.

Rain pulled her lips down. She still wanted to come across as the concerned employee who was worried about her failed conversation. "Just a little update concerning a house visit."

Sasha simply nodded before diving into his work again.

When the break came, Rain tiptoed out the office and called Benjamin in the hallway. Unsurprisingly, he wasn't happy about the smart house's owner. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I need this. I can't live with my friend anymore. I need my own space and so I can focus fully on my work."

"You could stay at my place."

"Ben."

He sighed over the connection. "Alright. Count me in. Someone has to keep your feet grounded."

Ben-versation for—I'm coming with you.

"I love you."

"I know," he said and ended the call.

Despite the failed day, Rain looked forward to tomorrow.

A smart home could help her restart her job attitude.