Mark of a Hero Part 9

"Heros have their flaws, but some of the best heros, will embrace those flaws, cuz, you see, those flaws are what make them, who they are, and those flaws are what makes them mean something to others."

She looked up at him for a split second but then quickly looked down. She knew he was right, she knew that she was wrong, and that she had no reason to feel this way, because even though she had those insecurities, that's what made her, who she is.

At that point they had completely forgotten about their marks. Ladybug had forgotten about what she needed at that point.

"I know you're hurt right now, but can you tell me why you always are running from chat?" adrien asked softly, still hugging her.

Mari didn't answer. "Ok, I understand." adrien added to her silence.

But mari, wanted to tell him. "Why i've always been running away from chat, when he told me 'he would always be there for me, no matter what happened' it reminded me of my father, well what he had said to me." she sighed a little. "I would always remember when I was a little kid, my dad was reading me a story about princesses and princes. I had claimed I wanted a prince that was so handsome that you couldn't believe it, it was true, I did. 'But before you go and marry the handsomest prince there is' my dad said with a small laugh 'you need to understand that your prince needs to also care about you, will always be by your side, and most important love you, for who you are' my dad had said while putting his hand on my heart.

The whole time he was taking me, I had a look on my face of amazement. I nodded my head.

'I will daddy' I said 'I'll find someone to care for me, just like you do.' I smiled, but the next day my dad died in a horrible car crash when he was on the way to a baker's convention. It was only a few miles away, so I could still see it barely. I saw the black car, I was young so I didn't know what kind of car it was, but I saw it driving down the wrong road, it crashed into my father's car, my father went flying out the window and crashed on a broken piece of a car. A man who saw the whole thing when over to him hoping to help him. When that had happened I was stunned I had no clue what had happened to my father, but once I saw the man running to him, screaming 'someone call the ambulance!!!' I had started running to him screaming and crying 'daddy... daddy!!' my mother had held me back by my waist. I wanted to see my father, I managed to get out of he mother's grip and ran to my father. I sat next to him with my chest beating wildly, I didn't want to imagine what it would be like with a life that didn't have my father, I sat down and put my small hands on him. 'Daddy, what happening?' I asked

'I'm going to be gone for a while' my father said as he took his last breath and closed his eyes.

'Daddy!' I said crying and shaking him. my mom walked up behind me crying, and sat next to me and held his hand.

'Goodbye honey' my mom said as she kisses his head and laid on his shoulder.

'Where is daddy going' I said crying, I had never loved anyone more that I loved my father.

A while later as the ambulance came and took him away, they told my mom that he isn't going to make it. She bursted out crying, I was still wondering what was happening,

'Mommy where's daddy going' I asked still crying, I was confused.

'He going away forever honey' my mom said about to pick me up.

'What!?' I said running to my dad, just as the doors to the ambulance closed with my father in it.

For the rest of my life I had remembered that moment, and had searched for someone to love and care for me like my dad did." I said crying again.

Mari could see that adrien was crying too. He knows what it feels like to live without a parent, but they didn't die in his arms, so he know she must have felt way worse that he had ever felt.

"I-im sorry." adrien said.

Mari didn't know what to say after that. Adrien had hugged her again, mari turned to her side looking at his white shirt that was stained from her tears.

She laid her head back on his shoulder and started sobbing again, adrien petted her hair, he knew that she was hurt, and didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Adrien kept petting her hair, hugging her tightly.

After a while, mari backed away. "Thank you, thank you so much." she wanted him to know she cared for the words he had said.

"Anytime." he wiped away her tears, Looking lost in her eyes. Mari smiled softly and looked down.

Adrien smiled and hugged her again. As mari had looked at him, smiling, he looked at her. He gently leaned in, he was dying to kiss her, but he didn't think that this was the time, he backed away a little. "Thank you." he said instead.

They backed away from each other and had their backs against the wall, mari was thinking about her mark, while adrien was looking, and thinking of her.

Mari looked at the view, she saw the horizon line, the silhouettes of people, the orange coming to the floor, meeting the yellow.

"The view is beautiful, and amazing, isn't it?" mari said, her eyes filled with wonder, and light.

"It sure is." adrien said staring at her, with a smirk.

Mari was smiling, adrien was smiling, everything was good.

"M-mari?"

"Yes?" mari looked at adrien smiling.

Adrien felt like he had the world with him, with her smile looking at him. He wanted to tell her that he was chat, but he knew the way ladybug had treated chat, he didn't want to ruin the relationship. "Nevermind." he replied with

Mari smiled a little and looked back at the view.

A while later Adrien took her chin in his hand and turned it to him, he leaned in, feeling his heart explode, this would have been the bravest thing he had done, in his whole life. He stared into her eye, that were sparkling blue, just like his mother, in the back of his mind he was remembering the time she left one day, me pulling on her long green dress that touched her toes.

Adrien leaned in more their lips almost touching. Mari was nervous thinking of all the things she could mess up at that moment, so was chat, but the thing he was most afraid of messing was their relationship. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1175 Words!!! thank you to all of the people that are reading my story, remember stay miraculous, and don't forget to vote or comment...