You Really Put the 'Pre' in 'Interpretation'

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

"Nico, I forgot to ask yesterday; what did Professor Elric want to talk to you about?" Ron asked as they walked to the library.

"He wanted to know how I got into his room without using the door." Nico replied.

"What did you tell him?" Thalia asked, instantly on the alert.

"I used the mist." Nico replied. "Easy."

"You used the what?" Harry asked.

"The mist," Percy said. "It's like a veil that mortals can't see through, and it hides mythological things, like monsters. Once you learn to manipulate it, you can use it to convince mortals of all sorts of things."

"I'd like to look at the prophecy again, now that we have time," Hermione said as they entered the library.

     Thalia drew out the parchment that they had written the prophecy on. Hermione snatched it up eagerly and spread it onto the table.

"Alright, the first line; 'a warning to the people'. That seems pretty straightforward. Obviously, it means that this is a warning, right?"

"That makes sense," Harry said with a shrug.

"Prophecies often have double meanings," Thalia said. "But you're right, that does seem pretty straightforward."

"Alright, next line; 'the good and the evil'. I guess that means that the warning is to not only the good; but also the evil, which could mean that whatever is coming is a danger to us all."

"Great," Percy said sarcastically. "So whatever we're going to be facing is a danger to the evil people too. That sounds wonderful."

Hermione ignored him. "Next; 'this is becoming war'."

"War..." Ron said in a hushed voice. "Does it really mean that there's going to be a war?"

"Well, technically this line says 'becoming war'," Nico said. "Which means that it hasn't started yet."

"Becoming war," Hermione said thoughtfully. "Which could mean that there are events happening right now that will directly cause war." She tapped the parchment. "You see how the wording is different three times? First is 'this is becoming war', then comes 'this is already war', and then last; 'this is war'."

"Aren't those last two the same?" Percy asked.

Thalia's brow furrowed in concentration. "I don't know. They seem like it, but they must not be. Prophecies are cryptic like that."

"We'll get to that," Hermione said. "The next line; 'to the soldier, the civilian'. Who is that referring to?"

"The soldier could be Professor Elric," Harry suggested. "He is in the military, right?"

"That could be," Nico said. "But it seems too obvious. There could be another meaning to it. But then again, sometimes prophecies are literal. You never know."