You Really Take the 'Good' Out of 'Goodbye'

A/N - Guys...this is the last chapter of the first book...I'm kinda sad...but no worries, I'm still planning on writing the sequel! I will update on here with an author's note to let you guys know when it's out. It'll probably be about a month before it comes out, so I can have a break to get organized and everything. Or, knowing me, it may be out in two weeks because I'll be excited about it. Sigh. Well, enjoy this last chapter...see you guys in the next book!

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

     Percy had never been good at waiting patiently. His ADHD had never lended well to sitting quietly and waiting for news; which was very unfortunate considering the circumstances. Thalia was off making sure everything happened the way it was supposed to happen, while Percy and Nico were left to wait. Nico seemed to be taking it well; but then again it was hard to tell what he was really thinking sometimes. He was expressionless as ever, only his eyes moving as he tracked Percy's movement around the Gryffindor common room.

     "Why don't you try sitting down?" Nico suggested with a sigh. "You're going to wear a hole in the carpet."

     Percy groaned in frustration and threw himself onto a chair by the fire. "Something had to have gone wrong," he said, anxiously pulling out Riptide to fiddle with. "There's no other reason that Thalia would have had to use the mist; and it must have been something really big if we could feel it all the way up here!"

     "I'm sure Thalia handled it," Nico said, though he looked uneasy as well. "I mean, we heard Snape yelling, and the minister didn't look very happy when he left; that has to count for something, right?"

     "I guess so," Percy muttered, unsatisfied. He stood up and began pacing again. "Is it late enough to shadow-travel to the hospital wing?" He asked, turning to Nico.

     Nico checked the time. "Probably," he said. "It's nearly one; they should be asleep by now." He stood up and stretched his arms above his head. "Be prepared to think up a really good excuse if someone sees us," Nico warned.

      Percy nodded impatiently, holding out his arm for Nico to grab. The son of Hades obliged and the two boys were sucked into a moment of pure, cold, darkness before they found themselves in the hospital wing. Nico stumbled slightly, barely catching himself on the wall and breathing heavily.

     "Are you alright?" Percy whispered worriedly, reaching out a hand to steady him. The experience of shadow-traveling had left Percy breathless, and he couldn't imagine what it must be like for Nico, who had actually performed the jump.

     Nico nodded, taking a deep breath and straightening up. "Where's Thalia?" He asked quietly.

     "Over here," Thalia whispered from a bed on the far side of the room, waving her hand to get their attention. Percy and Nico jumped slightly, startled at the unexpected voice. They recovered quickly and crossed the room to sit on the bed across from her.

     "What happened?" Percy demanded as soon as they were settled.

     Thalia sighed and looked down at her sheets. "Pettigrew didn't show up at Hagrid's house," she began, keeping her voice soft so that she wouldn't disturb the sleeping patients. "That was the first problem; but you should know how big of a problem that was."