You Really Put the 'Grin' in 'Chagrin'

A/N-I didn't write out the discovery that the Fat Lady had been destroyed, the DADA class with Professor Snape substituting, or the Quidditch game, because I would basically have been copy and pasting from the book, and none of you came here for that. Some of the dialogue in the beginning is directly from the book, but that's about it.

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Harry

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore informed the students. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge."

He turned to Percy (Weasley), who was looking very proud of himself. "Any disturbances should be reported to me immediately. Send word with one of the ghosts." Dumbledore turned to exit, but paused. "Oh yes, you'll be needing..." With a few flicks of his wand, the long tables were moved against the walls and replaced with hundreds of comfortable-looking sleeping bags. "Sleep well," Professor Dumbledore said as he left the Great Hall.

"C'mon," Ron said. They each grabbed a sleeping bag and dragged it over to a corner as Percy (Weasley) shouted about lights out.

"Do you think Black is still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously.

"Dumbledore must think so or they wouldn't be searching," Ron pointed out.

All through the Great Hall, people were asking the same question: "How did he get in?"

"Maybe he Apparated in?" Ron suggested.

"You can't Apparate or Disapparate inside Hogwarts grounds."

Hermione looked at Thalia in surprise. "So I'm not the only one who's read Hogwarts: A History."

"The lights are going out now!" Percy (Weasley) called. "Everyone in their sleeping bags, and no more talking!"

~o~O~o~

     For the next few days, Sirius Black was all that anyone talked about. Theories for how he had entered the castle were circulating, each more ridiculous than the last. What really bothered Harry was that the teachers had taken to tailing him everywhere, and 'conveniently' bumping into him in hallways. It was starting to drive him crazy.

     He wasn't even free at Quidditch practice; Professor McGonagall had assigned Madame Hooch to oversee each practice. Harry didn't let that put a damper on his enthusiasm. Gryffindor's first match against Slytherin was approaching, and Harry was looking forward to giving Malfoy a serious beating. Well, he was before the change in schedule, that is.

"What do you mean we aren't playing against Slytherin?!" Ron cried, outraged.

Harry fell into a chair by the fire. "They're using Malfoy's arm as an excuse not to play, but they really just don't want to risk playing in this weather."

"His arm?!" Ron said angrily. "There's nothing wrong with his bloody arm!"

"Yeah, but we can't prove it," Harry said wearily.