You Really Put the 'Rat' in 'Narrative'

A/N – Again, I apologize for the wait. The reason is different this time...I didn't realize what chapter I was on. I thought it was just another chapter until I looked at my timeline and realize OH IT'S THIS CHAPTER and so I wasn't prepared. BUT this chapter is twice as long as usual, so hopefully that makes up for something. Also, there are a few sections in here that are copy-and-pasted from PoA with a few edits, and I really hate doing that, but it wouldn't work any other way. There is also a section that is in PoA that didn't need any changes, so I left it out. You all know what happened anyway. Oh, and this hasn't been beta read/reviewed yet because I wanted to get it published before I left for camp, which is why it might not be as good as usual. So yeah...Enjoy!

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Harry

     To say that the months leading up to final exams passed quickly would be a complete lie. Nothing particularly interesting seemed to happen; the Fat Lady returned to her post, Ron had his 14th birthday, and the twins turned 16. The winning of the Quidditch Cup was, of course, a cause for happiness, but like many other events, the celebration was somewhat dimmed. The most important thing of note was Buckbeak being sentenced to execution, which had happened only minutes earlier.

     "We have to go down," Hermione insisted. "We can't leave Hagrid by himself!"

     "But it's almost sunset," Ron protested. "We aren't allowed out of the castle, and we won't all fit under the invisibility cloak!"

     "You four go then," Nico suggested. "Percy and I will wait up here."

     "But–" Hermione began, but Percy cut her off.

     "Like you said, we can't leave Hagrid alone. You guys go, we'll wait up here for you to get back."

     "C'mon then," Harry said, spreading the cloak. "Let's go!"

     The four of them quietly exited the castle and made their way down to Hagrid's hut. Their progress was slow; it was hard to move with four people underneath the cloak. They reached Hagrid's door and knocked.

     "It's us," Harry hissed as Hagrid opened the door. "We're wearing the Invisibility Cloak. Let us in and we can take it off."

     "Yeh shouldn've come!" Hagrid whispered, but he stood back, allowing them to step inside. Hagrid shut the door quickly and Harry pulled off the Cloak.

      "Wan' some tea?" Hagrid asked shakily. His great hands were shaking as he reached for the kettle.

     "Where's Buckbeak, Hagrid?" said Hermione hesitantly.

     "I–I took him outside," said Hagrid, spilling milk all over the table as he filled up the jug. "He's tethered in me pumpkin patch. Thought he oughta see the trees an'–an' smell fresh air–before–"

     Hagrid's hand trembled so violently that the milk jug slipped from his grasp, shattering all over the floor.

     "I'll clean it up, Hagrid," said Thalia said quickly, hurrying over before Hagrid could do anything.