You Really Put the 'Stab' in 'Stability'

A/N - I worked so hard on this chapter. You guys have no idea. This chapter is my baby. It's been written for quite a while now, actually, waiting to be published. Please be nice to my baby.

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Harry

     Harry didn't know that much about the night his parents died. Thanks to the dementors, he knew more than he wanted to. And now, he knew that their deaths had been caused by one of his father's best friends. Needless to say, the new information made him angry. If Sirius Black were in front of him, he felt as if he wouldn't hesitate in killing him.

     Hermione and Ron weren't sure how to act around him. Thalia, Percy, and Nico treated him as they always did, which Harry appreciated. He tried not to think about Black and focus on his schoolwork, but it was hard with Hermione and Ron sending him anxious glances every five seconds. Which is why he retreated to the library by himself to enjoy some privacy.

     He tried to study, but he found himself staring at the wall, thinking only of his parent's betrayer. How long had Black been working with Voldemort? Had it been from the very beginning? Had he ever been their friend in the first place? If he had, then why, why would he betray him like that?

"Excuse me?"

     Harry jerked up, startled, and turned to the new voice. It was a young girl, probably a first year. Harry looked closer and recognized her as the Slytherin girl who had been visiting Professor Elric in the hospital wing after the Quidditch game. What was her name? Something White.

"Er...yes? Can I help you?" He asked, not bothering with remembering the rest of her name.

"Actually, you looked like you could use some cheering up." She smiled at him, and Harry blinked in confusion, slightly suspicious of the young Slytherin.

White continued, ignoring his confusion. "I don't know what's wrong, and I don't expect you to tell me. But whatever it is that's happening, you can't let it ruin the good things that are happening right now. You have friends and opportunities, and every day you can breathe and eat and read and sleep happily. So whatever it is that's bothering you, don't let it take those things away from you." The first-year smiled brightly. Before Harry could respond, she turned and walked out of the library.

     Harry watched her go, wondering what to make of her. Had she really given him that speech just because she thought he looked sad? What was her reason? She was a Slytherin, surely she had some ulterior motive. She didn't even know him, she couldn't have just wanted him to be happy...right?

|

Joy.

|

     Harry shook his head and began gathering his books. Whatever White's motives had been, maybe he did feel a little better. A little.

|

Sadness.

|