Chapter 8 - Locked in your Safe

INT. HOLD #2

On the rear window of the Renault, which was completely fogged up, Iruka's hand came up and slammed against the glass for a moment, making a hand print in the veil of condensation. Inside the car, Kakashi had his overcoat like a blanket over them. It stirred and Iruka pulled it down. They were huddled together under it, intertwined. Their faces flushed and looking at each other wonderingly. Iruka put his hand on Kakashi's face, as if making sure he was real. 

"You're trembling, Kashi.."

"It's okay Ruka, I'm alright." Kakashi laid his cheek against Iruka's chest and sighed contently. "I can feel your heart beating.." Iruka blinked and blushed, giving a small smile before hugging Kakashi as if his life depended on it. 

                                                              ATLANTIC / TITANIC - NIGHT 

  Kiba and Shino were stomping their feet and swinging their arms, trying to keep warm in the 22 knot freezing wind. Kiba sniffed the air and gave a dog like growl.

"You can smell the ice, you know, when it's near," 

"Shut up, Kiba!" Shino yelled, tired of hearing his lover talk about ice. Kiba glared at the man. 

"Well I can! It's near Shino! I'm telling you!" 

                                                             INT. KAKASHI AND SASUKE'S BUNK

Mizuki stood inside the bunk, looking at the drawing of Iruka and the diamond necklace next to it. His face became contorted with fury, clenching the drawing in anger. There on the bed, next to where the drawing was, is a note. Mizuki read the note once more

"DARLING, NOW YOU CAN KEEP US BOTH LOCKED IN YOUR SAFE - IRUKA."

Kabuto was standing behind him, looking over his shoulder at the drawing and note. His face having a bit of purple from each hit he received. Mizuki crumpled up Iruka's note and took the drawing in both hands as if to rip it in half. He tensed and smirked. 

"I have an idea.."

                                                                        INT. HOLD #2 

Two stewards enter the hold, electric torches in hand. They spot the Renault with its fogged up rear window and approach it slowly. The torches light up Iruka's passionate hand print, still there on the fogged up glass. One steward ripped the door open. 

"Got yer!" 

The back seat was empty. 

"Save for the small mess."

                                               EXT. FORWARD WELL DECK AND CROW'S NEST

Kakashi and Iruka, fully dressed, came through the crew door. They could barely stand as they tried to catch their breath but only caught laughter. Up above them in the Crow's Nest, Kiba heard the disturbance below and looked around to see two figures laughing. 

"You see, why can't we be like them?" Kiba glared at Shino, who was just looking off to the sea. 

"Because."