Chapter 10- May God Have Mercy

INT. MAIL SORTING ROOM / HOLD

Genma and Kankuro came down the steps to the Mail Sorting Room and found the clerks scrambling to pull mail from the racks. They furiously hauled wet sacks of mail up from the hold below. Kankuro climbed partway down the stairs to the hold, which was almost full. Sacks of mail float everywhere. The lights are still on below the surface, casting an eerie glow. The Renault is visible under the water, glinting beautifully. He looked down as the water began to cover his shoe and scrambled up the stair quickly.

Int. Bridge / Chartroom

Kankuro unrolled a drawing display of the entire ship across the chartroom table. His hands begin to shake as he shows the pooling of water. Choji hovered behind Kankuro looking at the charts.

"When can we get underway Kankuro, do you think?" Genma glared at Choji and turned his attention to Kankuro's drawings.

"Water 14 feet above the keel in ten minutes...in the fore peak...in all three holds...and in the boiler room six..." Kankuro said, looking the captain.

"Five compartments. She can stay afloat with the first four compartments breached but not five.  Not five. As she goes down by the head, the water will spill over the tops of the bulkheads...at E Deck...from one to the next...back and back. There's no stopping it." 

"The pumps-"

"The pumps buy you time...but only minutes...only minutes...From this moment, no matter what we do, Titanic will founder." 

"This ship cannot sink Kankuro!" Choji yelled, completely shocked and afraid.

"She's made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can...and she will. It is a mathematical certainty. Kankuro said lowly. Choji looked as if he were just gutted.

"How much time?" The captain asked, readying himself. 

"An hour, two at most." Genma answered as Kankuro began to do some math.

"Kankuro...What of the people on board?"

"2,208 people. 20 life boats. It's not enough.."

EXT. BOAT DECK

Kankuro strode along the boat deck as seamen and officers scurried to uncover the boats. Steam vented from the pipes on the funnels overhead. Speech became difficult, adding to the crew's level of disorganization and stress.

"Turn to the right! Pull the falls taut before you unhook. Have you never had a boat drill!?"  Yelled one of the scared crew men. 

"No sir! Not with these new davits, sir!"  The crew struggled with the lifeboats, a few passengers coming out of their rooms to see the commotion. Kankuro stared as the ending began. In a few hours, he may be dead. 

INT. IRUKA AND MIZUKI'S SUITE

From inside the room, knocking and voices could be heard in the corridor. 

"I'm going to get dressed, Mizuki."  Zetsu said, exiting the room and leaving Iruka and Mizuki alone. As Zetsu left, Mizuki turned to Iruka and slapped him across the face.

"You disgusting piece of trash. You are royalty! You are mine! And you laid with some third class animal!" He yelled and grabbed Iruka by his shoulders. Iruka didn't even flinch. The slap only stung his cut, but right now, his heart was hurting more than any hit Mizuki could give him. "Look at me! You little-" There was a knock on the door as it opened to reveal a steward, speaking with an urgent voice spoke.