Chapter 1: Lost

~ C H A P T E R 1 ~

Darkness surrounded a young girl. She lied on a cold surface, her body shivering. She tried to warm herself but she was binded. Binded tightly enough that it hurt to even move. To even breathe. She didn't care.

Red marks started to appear around her wrists from struggling. The girl chose to ignore the sting the way the material holding her wrists together tightened at any movement.

She barely wore any clothes and had a blind fold that covered her eyes. How long had she been here? Hours? Days? Her record of time flew away with her heartbeat. But after a while of waiting, she had calmed down a little.

What's happening? Why am I here? All sorts of questions flooded her thoughts. Then her memories started to distract her. Memories when she was a happy little girl playing with her sisters, and memories where she made stupid decisions. But that was life right? That was the point of living. Then she heard footsteps coming near her. Fear started to creep back into her body. Her heartbeat quickened like a machine gun.

Bam. Bam. Her heart, like a gun, fired shots of adrenaline and what she knew was fear. After all, that's all that she could feel besides pain right now.

She felt that her heart could explode or pop out of her chest. She could barely breathe and sweat rolled down her face.

Am I going to die?

She was never afraid to die and she never really thought about it? But, now, this was different. She felt a presence looming over her and bit her tongue. "Don't worry," said a voice she remembered, but it sounded calm and reassuring. It was someone who she knew but, she, just couldn't pin it down. Should she trust this person?

Then again, she realized, she wouldn't be tied up in the first place. Her hands and feet would be untied and she would be free of her holdings, but clearly, this person didn't come to free her.

And that scared her even more.

"I'll make you forget everything," the voice said and then started to laugh madly. The sound ricocheted from the walls surrounding them. Then a sharp pain embraced her and wouldn't let go. It was an embrace of pain and suffering she wished she could do without and it seemed as though her scream was loud enough to make a demon cry.

The night would have seemed like any other loud sleepless night. Except for the fact that a girl was passed out in an alleyway in the pouring rain. She wasn't drunk like the rest of the people her age. She looked innocent and troubled.

Then she stirred in her sleep. She mumbled words softly as she turned. Then she began to wake up. Like a camera out of focus it took her a few blinks to realize she didn't know where she was, who she was and what she was doing. She sat up, hoping that rubbing off the mud from her loose crop top and shorts to clear her mind. It wasn't exactly comfy with your lower stomach being exposed in the rain.

When it didn't, inhaling a sharp breath, the girl glanced around, hoping that nothing bad had happened to her in her sleep or what happened before everything she once knew disappeared the moment she blinked.

There was not a single strand of memory to remind her how she got there...or anything else about her. It was like she was in a foreign land and she had lost her passport and card except she didn't know who she really was. It would mean that she had no means of getting home and she knew that definitely this place wasn't.

At all.

She did have a feeling like someone was waiting for her.

Holding her head in her hands, she stood on wobbly knees, knees that could be heard shattering under the heavy emptiness the girl felt.