Chapter 3: Regret

Karina felt the steam surround her. At first she didn't know how to turn the water. She pulled it at first and then it was freezing cold. When she turned it all the way to hot it felt good.

It refreshed her as it cleansed her body.

She rubbed the shampoo in her hair and rinsing it out, and then did the same with the conditioner.

After awhile of thinking, she didn't know why but she felt so relaxed and thought things over, Alex called from the other side of the door.

"Come on, hurry up you're taking too long!" he grunted, knocking on the door.

"I'll be right there, be patient," she said as she turned the water off.

"You better", as she heard his footsteps fade.

Karina got out of the shower and dried herself with a towel and began to slip on her clothes. She dried her hair with a towel the best way she could but it was still damp and soaking. Then she put on shorts but before she put on the Alex's shirt she stared at it.

She couldn't believe he would allow her to wear it. She then slowly began to put it on. She smiled it smelled like him and it have her comfort. Like someone was looking out for her.

Then Karina emerged from the bathroom clean and smiling.

Karina was taking a long time Alex thought. He wondered if she was okay, but he knew she was starting to remember common sense. Slowly but at least she was getting somewhere.

After he called her, Karina came out seven minutes later. Her hair was soaking his shirt. He held back a laugh his shirt was almost covering her shorts. He didn't know it would be so big on her.

Wow she was really tiny and skinny.

"I know, I know," she said looking away.

He smiled as he came closer to her, "I would tell you to put your hair up but I don't own any hair ties."

"It's fine," she said," you did a lot for me already." Karina meant every word.

Did he? Alex thought he had been giving her a hard time.

"Here let me at least fix your shirt," he offered, reaching out, trying to fill up the awkward silence.

"Um, uh," Karina didn't know what to say. Should she say yes, or no?

"I'm not gonna do anything if that's what you're thinking about. Girls who can't remember who they are aren't exactly my type."

She bit her lip, she was thinking of what to say. She didn't want to be innocent, she wanted to sass him back. "And guys who think they're better than everyone isn't my type."

"You don't even know what your type is," he said chuckling at the end. Alex found her attempts funny.

"Be quiet and fix it already," she hissed.

He smiled and slowly lifting her shirt to her waist. His slender fingers only brushed against her bare skin for a moment but it was enough to make her blush.

Then Alex twisted the fabric so it would stay in place.

"Done," he said, "and out of the way. Can we go now?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "let's get going." She was turning around when Karina caught her eye on the mess behind Alex.

"Wait," she stopped herself, "Did you do this mess all by yourself?" He gaze went straight to Alex, and she waited for him to reply.

He nodded carelessly. He hardly bothered to turn around. Alex shrugged calmly, "Eh, I'm not the one cleaning the place, anyway, you are. So why not?" Alex rolled his shoulders, up, standing up straight instead of his slouch-he was to his full height.