Open Minds chapter 9

Lucy's POV

I woke up on my floor. Rubbing my eyes to get rid of the eye gunk. I guess I never made it to my bed... I walked over to my dresser and put my clothes on. I looked at what time it was.

5:40 am

Sighing I decided to go to school early. Maybe go to the library and camp out. I walked into the bathroom and swished some mouth wash put deodorant on and called it good. I didn't have the energy. It's not like I was dressing up for anyone

I grabbed my jacket and my bag. Not wanting to risk seeing him I opened my window and steadied myself on the roof shingles. Shutting the window I crouched down and walking to the edge of the roof where a ladder was. Didn't know why it was there and I also didn't care. Climbing down it I started walking to the side walk. I noticed his car was in the drive way so it was a good thing I went out the window.

I rummaged around in my bag for my earbuds so I could listen to music. I pressed shuffle and on I went. Music helped me understand what I was feeling. Helped me feel better. Helped me not feel alone....I could get lost in the music and loose all my worries.....

I arrived at school around 6:25 and it was locked. I should have known it wouldn't be open this early.

So I walked around campus for a bit. I liked to sit outside. But I was picky. I decided to look for a good spot where little people would be. I saw the bleachers and the track so I looked around I saw a door and a little shack by it.
Probably for the maitnance equipment. There was a space between the building and the shack. So I made my spot there. It was paved so there wouldn't be any bugs getting on me. It was quiet warm and perfect. I didn't know what part of the school the door led to. All I knew was no one could take my spot.
I took my book out of my bag and continued reading where I left off. It was a good book
Glass sword by Victoria aveyard.
Then I got lost in my book and my tunes...

NATSUS POV

I woke up to my alarm blaring. Shutting it off I roleld over and reached for my phone. Opening it I saw no messages from anyone. Just some other notifications. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to rid my face of my tear stains and tiredness. On my way out I saw Wendy.

"Morning" I whispered.
"Uh morning natsu" she said.
"Everything okay?" I asked her. She looked bothered and troubled.
"N.nothing just woke up." She said smiling. I could tell it was fake. That was not a genuine Wendy smile.
"I'm here" I said looking at her.
"You know that.". She nodded her head and went in the bathroom. I walked to my room and shut the door. Getting dressed and ready to head out. Once I had all my stuff ready I left my room and went downstairs to get breakfast for Wendy and I.
I looked at the clock on the wall

6:50

I could leave now and by the time I got to school coach would have the back door to the locker room unlcoked for me. I grabbed an apple and made sure Wendy was set to go before I left.
On my way out I rummaged through my bag for my ear buds to listen to music. Music helped me realize I'm not going crazy. That my feelings are valid. That I'm valid....