Chapter 11

Niall's P.O.V.

   "How about you come and live with me?" I heard Anne say. Wait... What? This is not supposed to happen. Harry's eyes seemed to pop out of his head. The others had reactions about the same as Harry. I just stood there in shock. What happens if she says yes? What if she leaves? I've been too close to her leaving before, and I'm not going to let that happen again. I mustered up all of the courage I had and charged into the room. 

    I just opened the door when Piper responded. Apparently she didn't realize that I entered. "I'm sorry mum.. I already promised the boys I would come on tour with them. They all seem to want me to be there. Harry and Niall especially. I really want to too because-" She said but her mother silenced her. 

   "I completely understand Piper. But whenever Harry comes here, you are right at his side. You got that?" Anne said. Piper nodded obediently. She glanced my way for no apparent reason. Piper stared at me for a second and gave me the 'TTYL' look. I shook my head and backed up to the door.

 Anne mumbled something I couldn't quite make out. Piper looked towards me and smiled slyly. "Hey guys! Get your butts in here for a second!" She called. Harry peered through the door and gave me a questioning look.  The lads trudged through the door and jumped on the bed, with me close behind. Me being in the back of the group, wiggled my way through the boys and sat behind Piper. I started playing with her hair. Piper looked back at me and smiled then turned her attention to the boys. 

    "Okay... mum wants to talk to you guys about something... so I'm gonna leave now." Piper said and started to get up, but I grabbed her hand. 

   "Pleeeeeeeaaaaase don't leave me with these weirdos. They scare me." I whispered like a child in her ear. 

   Piper laughed and sat back down. She stroked my head like I was a cat. "Its okay... I'll protect you from the big, mean, scary people." I said seductively in my ear, but said loud enough for the boys to hear. They immediately cracked up. Even Anne was giggling on the screen, but I didn't think it was funny. I had chills running down my spine. Wow... I really am falling for this girl. 

   Anne's voice brought me back to reality. "Piper... please try not to scar me. Anyway, boys. We are going to have a little talk about responsibility." All of us groaned, but Anne put her hand up. "Boys. This is very serious. If you believe you can take care of Piper while you are on tour for 5 months, then we should go over some basic rules. No getting drunk. No hurting Piper. No scarring her for life. No-" 

   "MUM!" Harry yelled over her voice. Anne stopped and looked up to her son. "What are these rules for?" 

   Anne rolled her eyes. "I do not want to lose my daughter again. Now, back to business. I want Piper to have a body guard with her at all times. I can't risk having Ciara come after you." All of the lads looked at her questioningly. "Oh yeah... That's the woman that Piper thought was her mother."

   The boys and I thought about it for a moment. "Wait... so... Ciara Emerson, one of the world's biggest models, is the woman who hurt you?" Zayn asked. Piper nodded slowly like it was obvious.

   We completely freaked out.   

   Zayn was shaking, with his fists clenched. Louis immediately teared up. Harry was just staring out into space. Liam Liam was trying to cool everyone down. I was immediately holding Piper's hand. Piper leaned into my chest and started to cry. I rubbed her back soothingly and began singing 'Moments' softly. Piper looked up at me with her gorgeous eyes. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my torso.

   This was how it was meant to be. Me and Piper. Forever. I don't know how I knew that, but I definitely had a feeling.

   I felt tears soaking through my shirt. "Shhhhh.... don't cry. I'm right here. She's not gonna get you. I can promise you that." I whispered into her hair. 

   She looked at me with glassy eyes. "Are you sure." I nodded and pointed back to the computer where Anne sat patiently. "Sorry Mum." Pipes said. Anne smiled warmly and said she had to go. 

   Everyone said their goodbyes and got up to leave. Piper, Harry and I were the only ones left. 

   "Now Piper," Anne started. "Please stay safe and follow those rules I said. And Harry... if you ever need anything, I'm here. Niall, can you please help them out with what ever they need. I'm asking you because I know you are really close with my kids." I nodded calmly. "Piper, when you guys come and visit, I will explain everything about your dad. Okay?" We all nodded and said our goodbyes. 

   "I need to talk to you right now, Niall." Harry said. 

   Uh oh.