Chapter 2: Rescued Queen

The morning was cool yet bright as I opened my eyes to see light flooding through my curtains making my room glow enviously. Sitting up slowly, I let out a satisfied yawn and pushed the covers away as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Standing up, I stretched slightly as I walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out one of my blue dresses plus thigh-high grey socks.

Going back to my bed, I undressed and slipped on my clothes before fixing the knee-high heels which had gold buckles along the top. Satisfied with my adjustments, I reached over to a nightstand that sat next to my bed and grabbed my golden halo. Placing the shiny halo upon my head, I sauntered out of my room cheerfully as I entered the kitchen to see my brother sitting at the island sipping coffee out of his crimson red cup.

"Good morning brother, did you get any sleep last night?" I inquired, as he looked at me slowly with an exhausted expression plastered onto his face.

"No, unfortunately, I was flooded with piles of paperwork so I didn't have the chance." He groaned, setting his head on the counter as I sat next to him and petted his head.

"Brother please don't overwork yourself too much, you might get sick." I implored, watching as he turned his head to look at me with a weak smile.

"I promise not to work so hard, ok?" He asked softly, as he sat up and placed his free hand on my head. Nodding my head, I smiled softly as brother smirked and took his hand off my head.

"Did you take your medicine yet?" Brother asked, as he slid off the stool and headed towards the medicine cabinet above the dark marble countertop across from us. 

"No, not yet." I chimed quietly, as I too hopped off the stool and headed to the medicine cabinet where brother handed me a blue capsule filled with pills.

"Well hurry and take one then, after that grab something to bite and we'll head out and do some errands." He remarked, as I pulled a blue cup out of a cupboard and filled it with water before tossing the pill into my mouth and taking a long sip of water. Nodding my head, I returned to the island and grabbed an apple out of a basket full of fruits. Popping the apple into my mouth, I bounded back into the hallway where I opened a door that took me to a spotless white bathroom with gold designs all over its interior.

Finishing up my apple, I opened up a cabinet and pulled out a silver-colored hairbrush that I soon began using as I brushed my long pure white hair. Setting the hairbrush back in the cupboard, I took out a toothbrush and tube of paste then brushed my teeth before heading back out the kitchen where brother finished his coffee.

"Done?" Brother asked, as he set his cup back on the counter and looked at me. Nodding my head, I smiled happily as we made our way to the living room where we opened a pair of black double doors and found ourselves back at the casino.

The remainder of the day was bright and pleasant as brother and I collected some materials and contracts before heading back to the casino where we separated. Waving goodbye to brother, I watched him enter his office building before turning around and entering the ever so lively casino.

Taking a step into the casino, I noticed that there were a lot more people than the previous day as I tried to make my way past the drunkards. Reaching the bar, I let out a sigh of relief until someone grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. Looking up, I flinched as the smell of alcohol hit me in the face as a tall hazardous looking man stood in front of me with an unappealing expression stuck on his face.

"Hey there little lady, you look lonely how about you and me go back to my place?" The man bellowed, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Disgusted by the man's manner, I tried to push him away but was denied such luck.