Chapter 7: King's Judgement

Pushing open the big double doors, I slipped into the luxurious office and shut the doors behind me as I walked up to the paper covered desk where a slumped figure sat.

"You called for me sir?" I inquired, straitening my bow tie as his tired eyes slowly met mine and a soft yawn escaped his lips.

"Yes I did," he paused, rubbing his eyes before standing up and coming towards me. "In a couple of days a special guest will be coming, when they do I want you to serve as their bodyguard." He finished, stopping in front of me as his expression turned serious.

"Who may I ask will I be watching sir?" I asked, tensing up slightly as he continued to stare at me with harsh cold eyes.

"That's for you to find out, but I'll give you a hint so you don't end up like the last one." He smirked, as he trailed back towards his desk and leaned against the front of it. "The person that you will protect is a very dear person to me being as their my youngest and only sibling." He informed, keeping the dark yet tired expression on me as he picked up a cigar from his desk and began to light it with his fingertip.

"Another Game then, what happens if I lose?" I questioned, watching as he puffed his cigar and exhaled deeply.

"You should know if you cross the line, Dice." He replied, messing with his cigar again as a skull-shaped cloud of smoke drifted from his parted lips.

"Of course sir, let the game begin." I bowed, leaving his office as a frown found its way onto my face and irritation began to form. The following week was the same per usual as I smirked devilishly and took the soul contracts I had won at a game of poker. Organizing the documents, I looked around briefly for my next win until my eyes met with an unfamiliar face as pale as morning mist. Saying farewell to my last batch, I got up from my seat and walked over to the bar as the slim white-haired figure sat unaware by my nearing form.

"Hello there, I don't think I've ever seen you here before?" I greeted, bringing my right hand to my chest as I watched their slumped form peer up from a pad of paper. It was nothing more than a girl perhaps a few years younger than me with ocean blue eyes and freshly fallen Snow White hair. She was dressed in a sky blue dress, with a white apron sown onto the front and matching fingerless gloves that trailed up to her elbow. In her lap was what appeared to be a sketchbook filled with drawings of customers who were currently losing their money and... me.

After a brief chat with her and learning what her name was, I ended up letting Angel watch me play a game or two since I couldn't convince her enough to play a quick game. It was nearly midnight when she said goodbye as the clicking of her black boots was swallowed up by the obnoxious crowd and her small form disappeared. If my hunch was correct, she may as well be his sibling seeing as she mentioned having a brother before but for some odd reason, I wasn't convinced that someone that frail could be connected to the devil himself.

After a few hours of sleep, I awoke in my office sprawled out on the sofa as usual with paperwork finished and piled nicely on my desk. In about a month a grand party for the casino was to be held to celebrate its success however much paperwork was needed before the event could happen which meant many nights spent on the couch. Letting out a desperate yawn, I sat up from my uncomfortable position and rubbed the back of my head as I stood up from my seat. As expected another pile of papers awaited for my overview and another day was spent cooped up in my fairly decent office.

Once the evening began, I found myself checking tables as music played and drunkards laughed heartily to whatever nonsense they spewed. Seeing a flash of white from the corner of my eye, I peered across the crowd to see Angel trying to get away from one of the many drunkards as I watched the man begin to pull on her hair. Walking over towards them, I grabbed the drunk mans arm harshly forcing him to release Angels hair and glared at the man as he trembled slightly only to rebound.