Chapter 7

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dedicated to all my wonderful readers

** A really long chapter, hope you enjoy**

If anyone ever asked me about my first love my answer would definitely be FOOD!!! I only realised how hungry I really was when my stomach deeply growled at me. I hadn't eaten any breakfast before heading out to university. I was really late so I just dashed out of the house .

Whenever I have to leave Candyfloss behind ,since I can't take him with, I drop him off at Uncle Umar's and ask Aunty Khadijah to look after him. She gladly agrees because Candyfloss always keeps Ali occupied. Ali quickly gets bored when Ebrahim is at school and so he starts wailing and throwing tantrums that's why Aunty Khadijah is always pleased to have Candyfloss over by them.

I sighed heavily as I entered the university. I was so damn tired that I didn't notice someone running up to me. "Umairaaaaaaaaa!!!". My head jerked up quickly once I recognized the voice. "The one and only Asmaa!", I giggled at my best friend's behavior. She does it on purpose because it annoys me. "As salamu alaikum Asmaa", I grinned at her. "Wa alaikumusalaam". We burst out laughing while hugging each other. We always do have our awkward moments where we burst out laughing for no reason at all. Asmaa is like my sister and is the only other person that knows about my tragic past. She has always been by my side and supports me . We are sisters from a little age.

I internally groaned as I saw the time. "Shit, we gonna be late", I dragged Asmaa and we both speed walked to our class. My stomach growled once more as we sat down. Asmaa glared at me knowingly, "Skipped breakfast again huh?? What, were you late again??". A small smile made its way onto my face as I tilted my head to the side. This girl knows me too well. I shrugged my shoulders and brushed it off. Hopefully she won't give me her famous speech on how I need to eat and look after myself.

****

I see candyfloss. They danced in front of my eyes as the lecturer went on with his boring words going in my one ear and flying out the other. Sweet slumber almost over powered me when suddenly Asmaa tapped my shoulder. You see what I mean!! Someone or something always ruins my sleep. "What??", I groaned at her angrily. She smirked at me and gave me an evil grin. Before I could question her grin she pointed somewhere and giggled.

My gaze followed her finger to where she pointed. His hair was a deep chocolatey brown and beautifully messed as he ran his fingers through  it. He sheepishly grinned as he realised he had been caught staring at me. "Astagfirullah", I mutted under my breath as I lowered my gaze. Asmaa giggled besides me. She quickly tried to swallow her giggles as I glared at her. I don't know how I survive with this child.

After class Asmaa dragged me to the café since I hadn't had breakfast. We sat in the right back corner seats so we could get the view of the whole café. Asmaa ordered her usual chocolate croissant and coffee while I ordered a huge chuck of delicious, moist and soft chocolate cake with a latte.

My face beamed in happiness as I saw my order being laid on the table in front of us. As soon as the waiter turned to walk away, I took a huge chunk of my cake and put it in my mouth."Hmmm..,this is sooo divine!"
"It only tastes that divine because you didn't have any breakfast you idiot", Asmaa smirked at me. She hates chocolate cake and when I say hate I mean she really dislikes it to the extent that she once said, and I quote her famous words: " If I could wipe off chocolate cake from this planet, rather the universe, than I gladly would. With excitement!!!!" . When she said those words I had glared at her as if she were growing two heads and told her that she has brain damage because she fell from the bed and hit her head when she was a baby. I mean who the hell doesn't like chocolate cake??