Chapter 27

Good news!! I finally finished this story!! Only 2 more chapters :D I'm working on my third fanfic chapter summaries, hoping it'll help to curve the writers block!

Chapter 27:

Brianna's POV:

Long weeks passed. I found myself going insane for a few reasons. First, I was unable to move. An inner desire to get out and do something was growing stronger everyday. Second, my mum was better, and was unknowingly helping Savannah to annoy me to my wits end. Third, the nightmares wouldn't go away. Everyday I wished for Harry to be back. I missed the tender moments we shared together, the way he held me when I was tortured by dreams. Even the thought of him hitting me wasn't enough to slay that longing.

What bothered me even more was that I hadn't heard a word from him since. I followed every One Direction interview, music video, and tweet, yet Harry never mentioned me. In fact, he acted as though nothing ever happened, which is just as well, seeing as how much hate he and I both got.

Savannah never told me what exactly had happened between her and Harry. Whenever I would ask her, all she would say was that she gave him a piece of her mind, and then she'd change the subject.

The day I got my casts off is one I would not soon forget. I felt a renewed sense of freedom, yet I was still weighed down by the over bearing thoughts of Harry.

With the help of my mum, I was able to book a small, plain hotel room. She promised not to let my father now that I was back, which proved to be quite the challenge. The occasional time there were a few close calls, but she had been able to cover up with an excuse.

I plopped onto my temporary bed, spreading my hands over my leg and arm. The skin underneath the casts had wrinkled and I looked like a prune, with patches of dry and cracked skin.

"Hey mum, can you hand me my lotion?" I called while continuing to study my limbs.

"Where is it?

Suddenly I froze. That was not my mother's voice, or Savannah's, or even a female's voice for that matter. The voice sent fierce shivers down my back. It was my father.

Slowly I raised my head. My father stood in the middle of the entrance and my mother was no where to be seen. "What did you do with mum?" I seethed through gritted teeth.

"Hello to you too," he mumbled, coming to sit on the bed next to me. I felt a sudden urge to run down the hallways screaming for help, but I had a feeling that wouldn't turn out very well.

"Well? Where is she?"

"Calm down. She said she was going to pick up some food."

I stared him square in the eye, trying to decifer what he was thinking. "That's not true," I said, coming to the conclusion that he was lying. "How did you get her to tell you where I was?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Not that hard. I've known her long enough to know her weak spots."

My jaw dropped. How could he do that to her? And why would he admit it when he was so used to lying and covering up his stupid mistakes? "How could you? Where is she? What have you done?" With every word I spoke, my voice raised until I was screaming at the top of my lungs.

He slapped his hand over my mouth, but I struggled and broke free. "You can't keep treating her like crap. She deserves respect. The same goes for me. Since when is it okay to just go around and torture your family? And after everything she's been through?..."

His eyes grew cold and distant. Lips forming a firm line, he stepped closer to me. I knew what was coming. I had seen that look in his eyes so many times before. I cowered against the wall. His tall figure loomed over me.