English Project

Zonnique' Outfit  is in external link

(Zonnique POV)

And…here’s the day I’ve been dreading. The day I ALWAYS dread. The first day school. I sat on my bed, sighing and running my fingers through my hair. I looked down at my Jordans. I stood up, walking to my full-length mirror, staring at my outfit.

Was this good enough? I sighed. Probably not. I’ll be talked about ’cause of the Mickey Mouse on my shirt.

“Aye, Nique. You ready?” Craig walked in. He looks swagged out. As usual.

“Is this a good outfit, C?” I asked.

He looked me up and down. “Yeah. Why?”

I shrug and turn back to my mirror. He walked over to me.

“Don’t fret, Nique. Okay? I got yo’ back.” He tells me, hugging me from behind. He start tickling me. I started laughing uncontrollably, begging him to stop. He was laughing too. He threw me on my bed, ticking me even harder. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

“C—Craig! St—stop!” I yell.

He laughed and stopped. “A’ight. Come on, before we late.”

I stood up, fixing my shirt. “I really don’t like you.”

He smiles. “I know. You looove me. But, I did get you to smile.”

I smiled and pushed him. “Shut up.”

Craig chuckles and gave me a hug.

I hug him back. Craig was an awesome big bro. For real.

I walked into homeroom, and a dreaded feeling washed over me. Ray, Trey, and their two b—ch friends: Rina and Sara were here. I sighed and sat down in a desk in the front. I put my head down. This school is already off to a bad start. Add what Ray did to me yesterday? Then…it’s off to a REAL bad start. 2 taps on my desk. I slowly sit up. Tyler raised an eyebrow. I smiled. “Ty!”

She laughs, sitting next to me. “Didn’t think I’d have homeroom with you this year.” She says.

“I know right.” I said, feeling better.

“This class is whack as hell. Craig, Jake, and Ace’s homeroom is popping. They got, like, 10 dancers in theirs.” Ty says, rolling her eyes. “I’m the definition of salty, right now.”

I laughed, shaking my head.

“BTW, that outfit? Yes.” She flashes me a smile and a thumbs up.

“More like…no.” A voice says.

I turn around. Rina and Sara were looking at me.

“Excuse you?” Ty says.

“We’re just saying…that outfit? It’s a big no-no. We’re not freshmen. Try again tomorrow, Zonnique.” Sara says.

“Please, she has absolutely no style. She’ll probably come back tomorrow dressed worse. We might mistake her for a hobo.” Rina says.

Their crew laughed.

I looked down, holding back my tears.

“Shut the hell up!” Ty snaps. “Before you talk, get that ratchet a$$ weave done. Next time you wanna get a head full of platinum blonde…make sure you’re white!”

They got quiet.

“Annd…a hush falls over the ******.” Ty says.

I giggled. She smiled at me. “I got you, girly.” She mouths. I smiled.