Chapter 7

Everyone was having a really good time. Lonnie, Doug, and I were playing our game of croquet. Carlos was playing with Dude. Ben and Jay were playing a game of croquet together. Mom and Evie were talking with each other and Dad just stood off to the side.

"Lonnie, you knew that Parent's Day would end in the garden, why did you still decide to wear those shoes? You are literally tripping over yourself." I said giggling as she held onto me for support

Lonnie opened her mouth to respond when we heard a shrill "You!" pierce through the air. Everyone turned their head to see the interaction between Audrey's grandmother and Mal.

"Oh no." I said. Lonnie turned her head and stood straight, so I let go of her and started walking towards Mal. Everyone began gravitating their way towards Mal and Queen Leah. I walked with my hand in Jay's as we went to back up Mal.

"Queen Leah, it's okay. Maleficent is still on the island." Said Ben as he wrapped an arm around Mal. "This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"

"A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us? Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples. And the spells. Spells. My daughter... Was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her." Said Queen Leah. She started to sob and Fairy Godmother consoled her.

"I'm so so..." Mal said as she reached out towards Queen Leah.

"Go away! Stay away from her!" Yelled Chad as he got in between them.

"Don't do this, Chad." I said shaking my head.

"What? They were raised by their parents, Isabelle. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh." Chad then looked at Mal. "You stole another girl's boyfriend."

"Hey, hey!" Said Ben

"Oh. You enjoy hurting people." Said Chad as he looked to Jay.

"Stop it, Chad, before you make a fool out of yourself and everyone else." I said.

"And you," Chad now looked at Evie, "you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." Evie looked outraged and brought out her magic mirror.

"Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?"  The mirror in her hand showed Chad. Well you know what they say. The mirror never lies.

"What? Come on!" said Chad. He slapped Evie'a hand away. That when everything happened and it all happened so quickly. Jay let go of my hand and charged towards Chad. He grabbed Chad by the lapels of his suit.

"Back off, Chad. All right? Back off!" Said Jay. Then Evie sprayed some blue powder onto Chad and it just knocked him out, causing him to fall onto Doug and Lonnie. Ben pulled him away from Chad.

"Chad! Chad? Chad! Evie did something to Chad!" We could hear Audrey yell.

"Come on, Mal." Said Evie, as she pulled Mal away while she stood there dumbfounded.

"Guys!" yelled Ben as Carlos joined them. Jay looked at me as I looked at him with a pleading look. As if I could somehow convince him not to go.

"Jay!" yelled Mal as he chased off after his friends.

"Chad, wake up!" said Lonnie and somehow Chad snapped awake

"I feared something like this would happen." Dad said as he took out a cloth to clean his glasses.

"This isn't their fault!" said Ben

"No, son." Interrupted Dad. "It's yours."

"But Daddy..." I said as he started to walk away and take mom in tow.

"Mom?" Asked Ben as they walked away from us. Soon all of our friends walked away as well. Ben and I just looked at each other and tried to put a brave face on.

Later we finally found everyone at the picnic area.

"Hey, guys. How is everyone? Yeah? Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay." Said Ben as he went to console Mal.

"Are you okay, Jay?" I asked. He had let his hair down and just looked at the ground.

"Come on, Jay. Talk to me." I said as I cupped his face and had him actually look at me. Ben and I knew we were getting nowhere.

"We have to go. We'll see you guys later." Said Ben as he took my arm and walked us away.