Prologue

The seamstresses had the most brilliant idea of measuring both me and my brother in his room. And when I say most brilliant, I meant it was a really bad idea. Ben's room had clothes everywhere and a few workout machines in a corner, making the entire room smell like guy and sweat. Thank god to the person who invented windows that open.

Ben and I were placed on a small platform near Ben's fireplace as the seamstresses took our measurements. Ben kept looking out his window, which had the perfect view of the Isle of the Lost. I could see in his eyes that he yearned to help the kids left on the island.

"Don't worry, big brother." I said to Ben. The seamstresses placed us side by side, so I took his hand and he looked at me with a smile. "We will tell Mom and Dad as soon as possible and put our plan in motion. Eventually we'll be able to help all the innocent children and give them a better life. Hopefully."

"Sleeve." said Ben's seamstress as he lifted Ben's arm, almost hitting me in the face. My seamstress also lifted my arm and took my measurement. I'm a little smaller than Ben so I ended up almost punching him in the chest.

"Head." The seamstress turned Ben's head forward and took his head's circumference, while my seamstress did the same by wrapping her tape measure around my long, wavy, brown locks.

"How is possible that you are going to be crowned king next month?" Dad asked as he and Mom walked towards us, "And how is it that my little girl is going to be crowned the Royal Princess, the second in command? You guys are just babies."

"They're turning 16, dear." Mom said.

"Hey, pops." Ben said.

"Hi, daddy." I said, smiling.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." Dad said as Mom started to pick up Ben's clothes off the foosball table and put them on his chest. Then Mom scoffed.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Mom said.

"It was either you or the teapot." Dad said. Ben and I started to chuckle. "Kidding."

"Mom, Dad..." Ben started and began walking off the platform, but the seamstress stopped him.

"You are done, Princess Isabelle." My seamstress said to me. I thanked her and got off the platform and started walking towards my parents.

"Isa and I have been talking and we've chosen my first official proclamation." Ben said and our parents looked so excited. "We've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Mom squeaked and Ben's clothes dropped from her hands.

"Mommy, Daddy, every time we look out to the island, we feel like they've been abandoned." I said looking at Dad. Ben walked off his platform causing the seamstress to give up on taking his measurements.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Dad asked sounding confused and mad at the same time.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. We've already chosen them." I said standing next to Ben, but in front of our father. Mom looked like she was agreeing, but Dad looked ready to challenge us.

"Oh, have you?" Dad said sternly. Mom gently grabbed his arm.

"I gave you a second chance." Mom said, causing Dad to calm down a bit, "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De Vil..." Ben started

"Jafar..." I said

"Evil Queen..."

"and Maleficent." We said together.

Everyone looked shocked. Ben's seamstress gave a little shriek and Dad freaked out.

"Maleficent?! She's the worst in the land!" Dad said, outraged.

"Daddy, just hear us out here." I said calmly, trying to get him to calm down, but that didn't seem to work.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Said Dad, scaring the seamstress.

The seamstress bolted out as the guards closed the door behind him.

"Daddy, their children are innocent." I said.

"Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?" Ben asked and we all turned to Dad, looking at him expectantly, to see his answer. Dad looked defeated.

"I suppose their children are innocent." Dad said in a much more calmer voice. Everyone breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Well," Mom said fixing Ben's suit then fixing my hair, "well done." Ben and I both smiled at Mom as she went to join Dad. "Shall we?"

Mom laced arms with Dad as they walked out of Ben's room. Ben and I started to look out to the Isle of the Lost again.

"Ben, we got over one mountain. Are you ready to claim the next?" I asked. He looked down, twisted his ring, then turned to me.

"As long as you are here, I am ready for anything." Ben said and we smiled. Ben, then, pulled me into a hug.